At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.Overview
Crestron is looking for a talented and self-motivated individual to design and develop software at Crestron that is the development environment for Crestron’s custom-programmed system solutions. We design, build, and debug programming environments, compilers, configuration tools, drivers, and analytics. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about learning about and working with devices beyond the PC, and with interfacing with other teams, including firmware and web applications, to build a complete customer solution. Although most of today’s tools run on the desktop, there will be increasing opportunities to migrate some functionality to cross-platform tools or to the web.Responsibilities
As a senior engineer, you will be responsible for driving the existing product into the next generation of design. Work with small focused teams to:
- Design, code, test, and troubleshoot the programming and configuration tools and environments for Crestron’s modular devices, including compilers for programs and touchscreens, automatic program and touch screen UI generation, and machine instructions for engraving.
- Design, code, test, and troubleshoot specialty tools for setting up audio/video systems, controlling lighting, loading firmware, and setting up security for installed systems. These systems run in automated homes or offices, presentation systems, distance learning and remote conferencing systems.
- Invent and implement data-driven algorithms for automatic program generation and automated configuration of Crestron systems.
- Implement new communication protocols, especially those related to security
- Review project requirements. Suggest and prototype new features and changes to existing features.
- Work collaboratively with other developers within our team or across other teams, verification engineering teams and field support engineers to debug software problems and customer issues.
- Work with project managers and team leads to estimate, schedule, and prioritize development activities.
- Write specifications for development work, develop and document designs for implementation.
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Area of study such as: Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Windows applications using C#.NET is required. WPF is a plus.
- Experience developing a multi-threaded Windows thick-client application is required
- Experience developing commercial software, proficient in developing multi-tier solutions is required, including knowledge of object oriented design and patterns.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements is required
- Strong debugging and diagnostic skills is required
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development processes and coding techniques is essential
- Ability to prioritize competing projects and deliver with confidence in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Experience working with devices, firmware, or communication protocols including security/authentication is a plus
BenefitsAt Crestron Electronics, we offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. 401K with company contribution, Paid Vacation, Holidays and more!
We have new onsite state of the art fitness and wellness centers at our Headquarters in Rockleigh, NJ.
Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
Any agency submittal to any and all employees of Crestron Electronics, Inc by any method of communication will be deemed, the sole property of Crestron Electronics Inc.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)