To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2175 North California Boulevard
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MANAGER, CLINICAL QUALITY, ANESTHESIA
Envision Physician Services • Walnut Creek, CA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Manager of Clinical Quality to provide support for our Anesthesia practices throughout the Central and West Regions from our office in Walnut Creek, CA. To date these include the states of CA, WA, NV; and WI, MO, KS, IL. You will contribute to the daily Anesthesia clinical team by providing Quality Services content management and interface with technical support services for utilization analysis and report production. You will assist the organization, contracted facilities, and health care Medical Directors and providers with adhering to the quality of care expectations and clinical requirements set forth by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), The Joint Commission (TJC), licensing bureaus, commercial carriers, provider and facility bonus programs, contractual quality metrics, American Society of Anesthesiologists, American Board of Anesthesiology, FDA Division of Anesthesia, Analgesia and Addiction Products, and other applicable governing bodies. Process Knowledge:
- Maintain awareness and collaboration with key personnel at Envision Healthcare to include, but not limited to, Revenue Cycle Management, Provider Enrollment, Information Technology, and Diligence. Understand, in turn, the incumbent needs of the hospital or practice.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of Envision’s contractual requirements (quality, financial, patient and surgeon satisfaction, etc.) and monitor projects for deviations appropriately.
- Maintain knowledge of Envision’s current organic and Merger & Acquisition processes for multiple service lines.
- Respond appropriately to inquiries on Envision product lines (Anesthesia, Emergency Medicine, Radiology, Hospital Medicine, Surgical Services, Woman’s and Children’s Services) and refer internally as needed.
- Launch all integration projects to achieve key milestones in accordance with the overall strategic plan.
- Create key events and timelines for integration projects in coordination with respective support departments.
- Create and deliver the integration strategy, process and execution summary.
- Coordinate and lead internal/external team meetings to review integration and start-up process and implementation of Anesthesia’s quality program.
- Manage and track project management systems and tools to achieve necessary decision making and actions.
- Help identify critical business synergies necessary for successful integration.
- Highlight risk in key decisions and potential impact to organization.
- Orchestrate transfers of best practices between companies.
- Engage with stakeholders to create decision making.
- Assist support services in gathering diligence data necessary for integration planning.
- In coordination with key clinical and operational stakeholders, liaise with program or practice to facilitate problem resolution and goal setting.
- Interface and network with program or practice departments and attend applicable meetings.
- Monitor the integration progress plans against goals and pace the integration efforts to meet deadlines.
- Serve as the primary quality source of contact and communication for practice/providers in regard to Envision’s quality program during integration period and post-close.
- Act as traveling ambassador between locations and businesses.
- Facilitate provider orientation for on-boarding and standardization of best practices.
- Interpret the customs and cultures of both companies to make quality connection and achieve cultural integration goals.
- Ensure facility/practice adoption of standard forms/record sets based on integration plan as appropriate.
- Respond to other quality related issues as they arise, report and escalate to leadership as needed.
- Coordinate onsite diligence meetings to include key departmental stakeholders and present standard process, key initiatives and value-add quality related propositions to clients.
- Act as liaison with Accounting and Finance to provide quality related requirements and assist in resolving financial-related practice and/or budget issues related to the pro forma and/or initial budget.
- Where multiple service lines exist within the same facility, ensure a reasonable level of coordination and interaction with other practice managers/coordinators.
- Support and participate in Kaizen related events, Lean efforts and implements standard work.
- In collaboration with Clinical Leadership, implement necessary communication mechanisms to ensure that the practices are provided with up-to-date information on clinical policies, procedures and initiatives.
- Inform Envision Leadership of key happenings and events at new programs or practices as they relate to the integration process.
The following education and experience is required for consideration:
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degrees in Healthcare Science or related field and 2 or more years of experience in healthcare quality as described above; or equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
- 2 or more years of experience managing quality improvement programs and physician peer reviews in a hospital, health plan, or large hospital-based physician group practice.
- Thorough knowledge of medicine and the role that quality management and physician championship plays in oversight, governance and improvement initiatives.
- Understanding of Regulatory requirements specifically related to healthcare delivery and accrediting standards (The Joint Commission, CMS, Det Norske Veritas, AAAHC, etc.).
- Experience developing Standard Operating Procedures and Protocols for clinical care settings.
- Strong understanding of the guiding principles of healthcare data collection, review and analysis.
- Experience working with electronic data capture systems including electronic health records analysis.
- Experience evaluating new clinical data standards, clinical technologies, and systems.
- Experience solving complex and increasingly difficult problems related to processes across multiple care settings.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact with stakeholders at all levels within and external to the company.
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment and flexibility; effective time management and organizational skills; and able to work under deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- MS Office Suite including demonstrated proficiency with Excel formulas and spreadsheet interface
- MS Project or other project management tool.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record and scheduling software.
- Able to travel up to 50-75% of the time from our office in Walnut Creek, CA; including overnight travel; and be able to attend quarterly meetings in Plantation, FL’s Regional Service Center.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visitwww.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.