To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Glendale Heights, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Engineering Intern (2581)
ITW Construction Products • Glendale Heights, IL
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As the Mechanical Engineering Intern for ITW Commercial Construction North America you will work on product development projects. You will also work on technical reporting, failure analysis, and lab testing.
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world - in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. You are never, whether you know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution. In the words of a Mal Pancoast quote, at ITW, 'You get paid to impact the world.'
- Support new product development through project management execution, providing engineering documentation, solid modeling designs, working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely execution of project steps. Learning and applying ITW toolbox principles as needed.
- Complete competitive benchmarking by conducting failure analysis and other lab testing to produce technical reports, quality standards, feature/benefit analysis and customer-backed value proposition technical data.
- Product development and time management
- Understand technical reporting as well as failure analysis and lab testing from start to finish.
- Communication of technical information
- Collaborate with others as well as lead a team
- Rising Senior pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Relevant coursework in Physics, Mechanics, Statistics, Design of Machine Components strongly preferred. Relevant coursework in Design of Mechanical Systems, Materials Science, Manufacturing Processes, Thermodynamics required
- CAD Software Skills required SolidWorks preferred
- Previous work experience relating to engineering or construction a plus
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for information on how to contact us directly.