To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hilliard, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Production & Production Control
Nesco Resource • Hilliard, OH
Posted 24 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
*Japanese Ability: Must be able to communicate, in proper Japanese, with Headquarters in Japan and with all overseas production facilitie*
PRODUCTION & PRODUCTION CONTROL
1. Production Control Responsibilities
Production Planning and Actual Results Control/Management
- Based on Customer Orders, confirm the Production Plans for each Line and confirm if there are any Production Line Load problems.
- In the case that there are Production Line Load problems, investigate Overtime Plans and hiring New Associates.
- Confirm Actual Production Results on a Daily Basis and manage Actual Results versus Planning.
Production and Productability Improvements
- Manage and Control the Standard Takt Times for each Line and each Model.
- Confirm Actual Results versus Standard Takt Time, investigate whether or not there are any Improvement Points in Associate Maturation and Line/Process Balance.
Production Associate Management
- Along with providing New Associates with basic Training and Knowledge, continue Training at regular intervals and maintain High-Quality Associates.
- Identify and understand Associate's aptitudes and as required investigate changing Associate Supervisors and changing Associate's responsibilities, Line positions, etc.
- Manage the Inventory and Replacement Frequency of those Parts that must be changed on a regular basis and order Parts as required on a regular basis.
- Train Associates on how to perform Equipment Daily Maintenance and Calibration Methods and confirm that this is being done on a Daily/Frequent Basis.
Maintain and Improve 5S
- Confirm that all Equipment, Jigs, Parts, etc., are in placed in the correct location and confirm that there is no 'Unreasonableness and Waste' in Parts Delivery, Processes, etc., on a Regular Basis.
- If there are any Associates not following the 5S Rules, point it out to the Associate and train them in 5S.
2. Production Control Management Responsibilities
Manage the Delivery of Parts shipped from Client's Overseas Facilities
- Confirm whether or not Parts are being shipped per YMA's PO's. In the case that the Parts are late, confirm the status of the Boat or Train carrying the late parts against the Customer Demand and if necessary, request Air Shipment of parts.
- Manage and control the progress of Ocean, Train and Air Shipment Delivery Dates.
Confirm Inventory Status compared to Customer Shipments
- Confirm that there is sufficient Inventory maintained to satisfy all Customer Orders. •
- When there is insufficient Inventory because of a sudden increase in Orders or because of Overseas Shipments being delayed, summarize the Insufficient Inventory situation and report to Supervisor.
Communicate with and Report to the Customer
- When there is a significant change in Customer's Orders, confirm the Reason, Background and if the Information is correct or not.
- When Parts will not be delivered on time to the Customer, confirm what happen and then communicate as Quickly as possible how the situation will be resolved with the Customer.
- Obtain New Model Start Up Information and Build Out Model Information.
- Perform Systems Operations concerning the Input of Customer Orders, Customer Shipment Instructions, Customer Shipment Processes, Input of Overseas Orders and Shipment Information, Inventory 'In – Out' Information, etc.
Outside Supplier Order Management and Control
- Taking Customer Orders and Inventory Status under consideration, determine when components must be ordered from outside suppliers, the order volume and then place the orders.
Outside Warehouse Management and Control
- Manage Inventory Storage at and the Shipments from the Outside Warehouse.
- Hold Meetings and Negotiate when there are problems with Inventory or Shipments; Communicate and Instruct concerning New Models and Design Changes, etc.
- On a regular basis create Documents concerning the Inventory Situation, Shipment Management, Labor Costs, Logistical Costs, etc., as well as Critical KPI Items, etc.
¦ Job Requirements and Required Skills
- English Ability: Must be able to accurately receive and understand customer information and when there is a problem, must be able to negotiate, not going with the customer, but using my client's stance and direction.
- Japanese Ability: Must be able to communicate, in proper Japanese, with Headquarters in Japan and with all overseas production facilities.
- Willingness to work together, understand, and cooperate to move forward: Must be willing to work together, not being concerned with themselves, with other departments to determine the situation of outside companies to move forward in order to meet specified goals.
- Strong Mathematics Skills: Must be able to understand the relationships between costs, prices and inventory.
- Scheduling Comprehension: Must have a common sense comprehension of delievery dates, shipment dates, overseas shipment lead times and be able to manage and control ordering.
- Systems Understand and Operations: Have a deep comprehension of logistical systems and have experience operating the parts masters, receipt and transmission of orders and inventory 'In-Out' Systems.
- Strong Comprehension of Excel: Understanding of Basic Functions (sum, sumif, vlookup), Pivot Tables, etc.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.