To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greenfield, IN 46140
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Microbiologist - Cell Culture
Pace Analytical • Greenfield, IN
Posted 1 month ago
The successful candidate will manage the day-to-day maintenance of a panel of traditional continuous mammalian cell lines. They will also support efforts to create and utilize cell lines that have been modified to express a protein.Responsibilities
- Perform routine mammalian cell culture maintenance (break-out, split/passage/expand, freeze down) for both adherent and suspension cell lines
- Utilize manual and automated cell and viability counters and automated bioanalyzers e.g., Nova instrumentation
- Maintain cells in flatware, shaker flasks, and lab-scale bioreactors
- Receive and fill orders from scientists to provide cells in a variety of formats: plates, flasks, or spinner cultures
- Ensure Elanco cell line inventory is constantly up-to-date and cell lines are within passage limits
- Generate research cell banks (RCBs)
- Strictly adhere to sterile technique and maintain endotoxin free laboratory materials.
- Transiently transfect suspension HEK-293 or CHO cell cultures for protein expression studies
- Create stable, recombinant HEK-293 and CHO pools
- Clone cells by limited dilution or FACs
- Perform protein expression studies including scale-up, feed addition, monitoring of viability and productivity (incl. by SDS-PAGE, capillary electrophoresis, or BLI (Octet)), harvest, and clarification
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or related science
- Experience maintaining mammalian cell cultures
- Experience with expressing proteins
- Strong communication skills