To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Engineer, Network Engineering
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. • Chicago, IL
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (ICE) presents a unique opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and business challenges in the financial sector. The ICE Network Engineer provides leadership in network design, deployment, maintenance, and 24x7 operational supports. The successful candidate will be able to multitask in a dynamic team-based environment demonstrating strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities and the highest degree of professionalism.
The Senior Engineer, Network Engineering is an important role within the organization serving as a technical leader for Analysts and Engineers. The lead engineers are subject matter expert in parts of the network eco-system enabling them to handle complex issues. The engineer is fully involved in the project work, taking ownership of large network deployments from the design phase to the implementation, documentation and support handover.
Along with having larger domain knowledge and advanced trouble-shooting skills. The Senior Engineer will be looked upon as an informal trainer to Analyst and Engineers, using every encounter to share knowledge and recovery tips with Engineers, better equipping them to handle similar issues in future. All interactions with the clients, colleagues and vendors must remain highly professional, helpful and proactive.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, deploy, support and maintain mixed vendor network infrastructure
- Assist ICE staff with problem solving and escalation procedures
- Understand and follow operational policies/procedures and promote adherence to same
- Provide technical knowledge needed to ensure safe, effective, and efficient changes to the network infrastructure
- Assist with development of policies and procedures for maintaining network infrastructure
- Collaborate and work closely with all other IT teams
- Lead Incident investigations, diagnosis, and service restoration and always give priority to the resolution of incidents
- Provide consultation (trouble-shooting, designing, on-boarding, risk mitigation, operational improvement) for areas of domain strength
- Informal Trainer to Level II; ensures Level II skills are constantly growing through support and guidance.
- Participation in 24/7 on-call rotation if needed
- Teamwork: works well with teammates locally and at remote offices; shares knowledge and is seen as someone to go to for help; contributes in weekly peer meetings
- Problem solving and decision making: demonstrates a sense of urgency; takes ownership of problems and follows temporary fixes with permanent solution; finds creative solutions. Improves processes and introduces superior technology
- Communication: is clear and accurate in verbal and written communication; listens to peers and supported employees; follows directions and provides useful feedback
- Professionalism: makes a positive impression in person, via phone, and electronically; models a ‘can-do’ attitude; embraces additional responsibility; refrains from office gossip or conflict; works extra hours as-needed to ensure work is complete; adheres to corporate policy and encourages others to do the same
Required Skills and Experience
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, Arista and other vendor equipment and configuration
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Routing Protocols (BGP, RIP, OSPF, etc)
- Strong experience in MPLS and Traffic Engineering
- 10+ years’ experience hands on support and troubleshooting of networks
- 6+ years’ experience with design and implementation on complex networks
- Understanding of network management, security and monitoring
- Excellent writing and documentation skills
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Ability to operate effectively and professionally under pressure
- Experience working on financial and HFT networks
- Strong experience in Multicast in switched and routed networks
- Expert level network certifications: CCIE, JNCIE. Etc.
- F5, Checkpoint, or Palo Alto advanced certification
- Automation and scripting experience
- Unix/Linux system administration
- Running and analysing sniffer traces with deep TCP/IP protocol understanding.
- Ability to grasp very complex architectural concepts
- In-depth hardware knowledge of switches and routers: (Internal chipsets specifications, TCAM and memory details, buffering capabilities and multicast replication details).
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field preferred but not needed
LOCATIONIL: Chicago (353 North Clark)
FULL TIME / PART TIMEFull time
ICE is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.