To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5 Wellington Road
Lincoln, RI 02865
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Materion Corporation • Lincoln, RI
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative, high performance engineered material solutions and services for a wide range of growth industries: high-tech consumer electronics, telecommunications, commercial aerospace, defense, medical, automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,600 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video “Materion Is” along with other videos https://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists of us showing you how we’re Making a Difference our shared purpose of” Making Advanced materials that Improve the World.”
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer is a key member of the Quality team. The individual will be actively involved in all aspects of the Quality System and Quality Improvement Plan with the aim to meet or exceed agreed quality targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the next page are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervisory Requirements:
- Acts as a back up to the Quality Manager or Quality Supervisor
- Provides indirect leadership to other quality team members and project leadership for continuous improvement and corrective action teams
- Acts safely and ethically at all times and is responsible for the quality department’s safety performance. Upholds and acts according to our values, mission, and vision
- Continuous Improvement:
- Project leader for continuous improvement teams utilizing Six Sigma & Lean techniques that improve key metrics (cost of quality, customer complaint metrics, yield) and supports efforts to improve supplier quality
- Aides in developing metrics that track and report status of the overall business Quality System (i.e. cost of quality, customer complaints, product non-conformances, etc).
- Drive process quality improvements working with Process Engineering through the implementation of automated process controls, SPC, sampling systems, enhanced manufacturing procedures and utilization of statistical techniques. Audit process controls implemented for compliance.
- Supports the travelers and work instructions for process / equipment that can audited. Works with process teams to ensure training occurs on new/revised processes and to ensure documentation adheres to the developed “standard”.
- Customer Requirements:
- Project leader for Problem Solving Processes (8D, 5 Why, etc) to resolve customer complaints, Customer audit findings or return material authorizations in a timely manner that prevents reoccurrence. Directs failure analysis, root cause analysis and corrective actions. As project leader, reviews complaints to ensure identified root cause/corrective and preventative actions are effective
- Develops reports to meet customer needs and frequently interacts with Customers
- Assists Sales and Operations with Customer requirements and specifications
- Member of customer audits and customer visit teams
- Quality Management System:
- Provides support to the Quality Manager and or Quality Supervisor to maintain requirements for the Quality Management System
- Project leader for Problem Solving Processes (8D, 5 Why, etc) for Quality Management System Corrective Actions
- Team member for the Process Change Control Board (Externally – Customers & Suppliers, Internally) and works with originators of process changes to ensure adherence to the SOP
- Maintains the Nonconforming Material Process and develops actions to reduce nonconformances through Lean and Six Sigma techniques
- Provides support for the Quality Management System which includes Document Control, Calibration, Corrective & Preventative Actions, Complaints, etc
- Perform periodic internal audits of the quality management system. Develop action plans to address findings. Prepares for and coordinates external quality system audits.
- Implement and modify procedures to include processing, quality and equipment improvements.
- Establish raw material and product acceptance criteria. Works with Suppliers on discrepant material issues and Supplier Requests for Change.
- Train and inform company personnel on quality standards and procedures.
- Maintain all required records to include analytical submission requirements, analytical results and lot traceability and history and prepare reports for management review.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field - engineering, metallurgy, material science, chemistry or chemical engineering degree required.
- Prefer Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt certification or 2-3yrs of Continuous Improvement experience.
- Prefer experience and knowledge of manufacturing systems, the quality function and technical products.
- Further experience with SAP, calibration, metrology and quality system auditing will be beneficial.