Facility: Lawton Correctional Facility
Compensation Base: $13.00 starting $14.25 after 90 days
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Officers seeking a career opportunity, isn’t it time to find the kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
We are a leader in our industry. We ensure our employees a stable career, competitive benefits, and a diversified range of employment. With us, there’s no telling how far you’ll go. Now’s the time to start your journey!
With your background or interest in security operations/corrections as our Officer, you will be overseeing and monitoring the activities of the inmates or detainees in living areas, recreation activities areas, dining areas and visitation areas. You will be coordinating and monitoring inmate or detainee movements, conducting counts and providing emergency response as needed. In addition, you may be assigned to various posts including, but not limited to, the control room, front and sally port entrance, health services, special housing, perimeter safety, transportation, work details, reception, intake and visits officer, etc., as required by management.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing safety in program activities and supervising labor crews in various areas around facility
- Conducting shakedown for contraband materials, either individually or as part of a specialized team; confiscating contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency policies and procedures
- Initiating disciplinary reports on inmates or detainees
- Preparing reports and maintaining daily logs as required
- Ensuring prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates or detainees in the event of injury, illness or trauma
- Promoting facility cleanliness and reporting need for maintenance or repairs
- Serving as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as required
- Completing training courses as required by facility training standards
- Performing correctional duties for any shift as defined by management
- Performing other duties as assigned.