Job Details Job Location
The Garlands of Barrington - Barrington, IL
The Housekeeper, Residential is responsible for providing a clean and pleasant environment for Members in their homes that meet and exceed their expectations, while building trusted and valued relationships with the Members.
- Greets all Members and interacts with courtesy, respect, and friendliness.
- Identifies, tracks, and responds to Members’ cleaning preferences (product use, bed-making, taking towels, and mopping, etc.).
- Thoroughly cleans all rooms in each residential unit to meet and exceed the expectations of the Members.
- Ensures that cleaning cart is equipped with complete supplies and full, labeled containers, uses the right amount of supplies and chemicals.
- Maintains impeccable personal appearance.
- Assists in cleaning of public areas (e.g., sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and cleaning public bathrooms) as time allows upon completion of residential cleaning.
- Works collaboratively with all Team Members in deep cleaning and other assigned projects and takes whatever action is necessary to provide the highest level of service to all Members of The Garlands.
- Assists in the laundry.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & COMMUNICATION
- Demonstrates excellent listening skills, and communicates effectively while conveying patience and understanding.
- Responds swiftly to any Member requests or complaints.
- Completes residential unit repair work orders immediately and in a quality manner.
- Treats all Members with dignity and respect, and establishes a trusting relationship with them, while maintaining confidences.
- Completes cleaning of assigned units efficiently, within time allocated, while upholding The Garlands’ high quality standards.
- Leaves each residential unit cleaned to The Garlands’ high quality standards, having dusted, cleaned the sheets, made the bed(s), wiped the appliances, taken garbage out, and cleaned the bathrooms, etc.
- Ensures that cleaning cart is equipped with complete supplies and full containers display the product labels.
- Works safely and reports any safety related issues to supervisor or director timely.
- Demonstrates knowledge of The Garlands’ entire facility and directs Members appropriately, according to their needs.
- Completes work orders for repair needs immediately upon observation or report by Member and submits immediately to Director, Environmental Services.
- Completes Incident Reports accurately and timely.
- Completes Concern Reports accurately and timely.
- Complete all assigned training and attend mandatory meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Preferred two years’ experience in a healthcare or hospitality setting.
- Must be a flexible, highly customer service and people oriented individual who demonstrates compassion, patience and understanding and is willing to do whatever it takes to provide the highest level of service.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and efficient with the ability to handle a variety of responsibilities and changing priorities, while maintaining an upbeat, customer focus.
- Must be a team-oriented individual who enjoys working collaboratively with others, creating a positive and uplifting environment, and communicating very effectively at all levels.
- Must be detail-oriented and proactive, with the ability to take initiative, follow through and complete responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekend and holidays.
- Takes pride in personal appearance and professional demeanor.
- Must be able to push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, stoop and walk continuously.
- Must be able to move arms and hands from side to side and up and down to clean furniture, counters, and toilets, etc.
- Must be able to shift mop from side to side.
Clean Trash Container
Use Vacuum Cleaner