Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment? RSC is currently seeking a Senior Regulatory Compliance Manager to ensure that Radio Systems products are compatible and compliant to regulatory requirements throughout their complete life cycle, by specifying regulatory compliance and product safety design and test requirements. This goal will be accomplished by providing functional support and guidance, related to legal and customer requirements, to product development teams. Coordinate efforts to monitor regulations across global markets, educate engineers, supply chain and categories on emerging regulatory trends.
Radio Systems Corporation Headquarters is in Knoxville, TN. Where's that you say? Let's talk about what's famous about Knoxville, TN. We have been called The Marble City and "Scruffy City", names we have embraced as our own. And, what do Quentin Tarantino and Johnny Knoxville have in common? They were both born Knoxville, TN. We are the home of 1982 World's Fair and we boast of 21 craft breweries in Knoxville now. Click here for the Ale Trail: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to SR Regulatory Compliance Manager - 7090 If you like to hike or camp, visit the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. Take your pick on activities from hiking to biking, our Urban Wilderness [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to SR Regulatory Compliance Manager - 7090 has a lot to offer. Knox County has great public school systems, no state income tax and low property taxes and cost of living. If you like outdoor art, we have Music and Shakespeare on the Square, Family Movie Nights on the Square during the summer months in lovely downtown Knoxville.
Our Company: What do you want to know? We are the world leader in pet products with PetSafe Brand, SportDOG Brand and Invisible Fence Brand. PetSafe Brand makes every product from leashes and harnesses, to water fountains and automated feeders and litter boxes. We have a goal to touch over 21 million pets, people and communities around the world annually. We serve a broad range of pet owners from providing the hunter the best gear for a successful hunt, to accommodating the Not-So-Crazy Cat Lady with all the entertaining toys and effective solutions she could ever imagine. How do we do it? By creating a vibrant and active environment within our team. We work hard to be the employer of choice in our communities and, in turn, serve those communities. At Radio Systems Corporation, teammates take the privilege of serving pets, people and community very seriously, but also have a great time doing so. Each project is approached with an attitude of enthusiasm, resilience, adaptability and teamwork.
What you will do on the Risk Management Team:
- Research global regulations relevant to our products
- Track impending regulatory changes and implementation dates and communicate to engineering, supply chain and categories
- Provide technical guidance to teams on regulatory requirements impacting design decisions
- Mentor less technical staff to develop their knowledge of regulatory requirements, and state of the art expectations
- Create and maintain product safety and regulatory compliance guidelines
- Manage third party regulatory agency and product safety test labs
- Participate in DFMEA, leading reviews of product safety
- Monitor reports of possible safety issues. Investigate and initiate actions as needed.
- Other projects as needed.
How to measure success:
- Submittal of regulatory compliance and product safety design and test requirements for all new product specifications
- Ensuring completion of regulatory and safety reviews and testing on schedule
- Regulatory compliance, safety and RoHS compliance approval of all new products before they are released to production
- Training of RSC teammates who need product safety and regulatory compliance understanding
Who you will work closely with:
- Reports to Director of Risk Management
- Works with category directors and managers, engineers, supply chain, risk management, quality and customer care.
- Supervision of Regulatory Compliance Specialist Senior
- BS in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 10 years of experience in product safety, industry standards and regulatory compliance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical and legal content in simple, layperson terms
- High level of self-motivation, a drive for self-development and possess good reading comprehension, communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of UL, EN, CE, and RoHS
Working for Radio Systems definitely has its benefits. We offer a collaborative and creative team-oriented work environment where we encourage you to take risks to learn and grow! We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K match. In addition, we offer a rich wellness program which includes an onsite health clinic, workout facility and of course, we encourage you to bring your dog to work, which is our whole reason for what we do!
Restriction Of Hazardous Substances Directive
Design Failure Mode And Effects Analysis