Senior Category Manager
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! As part of our commitment to building brands through winning insights for our clients and customers, the Senior Category Manager is a critical role on our Analytics, Insights and Intelligence team. The Senior Category Manager role requires the ability to understand our retailer’s processes, understand what data is available, understand our client’s objectives and marry the three together with compelling, data-driven “storytelling”. This candidate is strategic, creative, organized, curious, and confident in presenting ideas and solutions to internal sales associates and clients and customers. A Senior Category Manager utilizes multiple data sources (syndicated, geodemographic, shopper, customer, shipment, financial, etc.) fluently to build best in class presentations and demonstrates the art and the science of insight creation from complex data sets. No day is ever the same in this job as the variety of work to be performed evolves weekly, but the importance of filtering different data sets to actionable solutions is the constant.
If you are looking to make a difference as a part of a great team, come, stay, grow and lead with the Analytics, Insights and Intelligence team at the Company! Apply Today!
What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Creates visually compelling, insight-driven presentations with actionable tactics and strategies.
- Utilizes a broad range of data sources, market research findings, tools, and analytics to identify opportunities and deliver insights with actionable strategies and quantifiable results and shares those insights and strategies with market level resources.
- Utilizes a broad range of data metrics, tools, and analytics to identify opportunities and deliver insights to our customers and clients.
- Engages with clients and customers to understand strategies and objectives, leverage that information in developing analytics, insights, and strategies, and then transmits that information to market level resources.
- Leverages experience to create mutually beneficial solutions for all parties involved.
- Provides guidance, direction, and mentoring to Category Managers, Category Leadership Associates, and Category Analysts.
- Bachelor's Degree required; B.A./B.S. in Marketing, Math, Statistics, or Economic fields
- 3-5 years’ Experience in an applicable field (sales and marketing agency or CPG industry solution provider, retailer, or manufacturer)
- Demonstrated ability to work with large data sets; an appetite for numbers and analytics
- Syndicated Data experience: Mastery of IRI, Nielsen, and other relevant platforms preferred
- Deep experience with the application of shopper panel data and geodemographic datasets
- Understanding and application of principles and practices of Category Management (analysis of assortment, pricing, promotion, shelving, shopper) required
Coaching And Mentoring