Manufacturing Engineer I or Manufacturing Engineer II | Direct Hire | Owatonna, MN
Our client is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to create, document, develop, and implement processes and methods used to manufacture Wenger Corporation products that meet end user needs at the lowest cost, and to seek, develop, implement, and document improvements in safety, quality and cost.
- Identifying, developing and implementing value engineering projects to achieve cost reduction, waste elimination, and continuous improvement goals
- Creating proposals and financial support documentation for improvement opportunities
- Analyzing costs and making recommendations on when to outsource processes or add internal capabilities
- Timely completion of defined projects in accordance with established functional, schedule, quality and cost definitions
- Troubleshooting problems and expediting solutions utilizing statistical data analysis
- Participating in New Product Development and product redesign projects
- Prototyping and providing tooling, equipment, and implementation cost estimates
- Assisting with implementation of continuous improvement, kaizen events, and A3 projects
- Leading and supporting Design for Manufacturing (DFM) reviews and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) teams
- Preparing process and systems documentation such as work instructions, standard work and value stream mapping
BS or MS: Engineering Degree or Scientific realm
Open to an Engineer I or Engineer II
An Engineer wanting to learn and grow internally!
Engineering internship experience - PLUS!
0-5 years' experience
- Business Process Improvement
- Continuous Quality Improvement (Cqi)
- Cost Modelling
- Cost Reduction
- Design Engineering
- Design For Manufacturability (Industrial Design)