At Parametric, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities listed below and look forward to having you become a part of our continued success!
This individual contributor is an experienced Data Architect with several years of SQL Server, Data Warehousing and/or Master Data Management. The Data Architect defines and oversees the strategy, architecture, technology and processes for Parametric’s transactional database systems. This position will work closely with a team of full stack developers as well as the data warehouse and data engineering teams.
- Accountability for taking ownership of existing database systems
- Must be able to balance short-term wins along with a longer term vision and roadmap
- Accountability for management of information architecture
- Responsibility for management of data structure across the business
- Accountability for data fabric performance
- Responsibility for management of future state roadmaps for information and data infrastructure (multi-year)
- Accountability that information architecture provide business decision makers with decision-ready information
- Serves as the main source of knowledge for master data, and data quality industry best practices and processes.
- Lead, create and maintain conceptual, logical, and current data state model and analysis for all portfolios, programs, and projects, and review of 3rd party or vendor data models.
- Determine appropriate modeling standards, guidelines, good practices and approved modeling techniques.
- Definition of data interfaces for all portfolios, programs, and projects.
- Ensures data integrity, consolidation, consistency and metadata development in conjunction with data governance.
- Develops data quality assessment approach for master / reference data in conjunction with business stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or Information Technology. Masters preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a combination of data management, master data management and data quality roles with at least 5+ years in a leadership position.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Developer experience with C#, SSIS, Visual Studio, and other Microsoft tools.
- Significant experience in related information management techniques including data modeling, data governance, data warehousing, metadata management and data integration. Experience working with a number of data integration architectures (e.g. data warehouses, data marts, data virtualization), integration methods (e.g. ODBC, API, MOM, ESB, web services), architectural patterns (e.g. publish-subscribe', RESTful API), platforms (e.g. API portals) and technologies (e.g. MarkIT EDM, MSMQ, ORM).
- Strong trouble shooting skills: query performance, database tuning and .Net data libraries
- Strong listening, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to multitask and handle interruptions.
- Working knowledge of Information Architecture practices, deliverables and methodologies both at the enterprise and project level.
- Must be able to mentor, coach and educate others, demonstrated through relevant experience.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to "manage upward"; able to think on your feet and exercise good judgment and decision making. Must pay attention to details.
- Software engineering experience highly preferred.
Parametric is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity or express, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Parametric also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Parametric, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Parametric, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this website is for U.S. residents only and does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Investing entails risks and there can be no assurance that Parametric (and its affiliates) will achieve profits or avoid incurring losses. All investments are subject to potential loss of principal. Parametric does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. Please refer to the disclosure page for important information about investments and risks.
Meta Data Management