Requisition ID: 10977
Created in February 2014 through a 50/50 joint venture of the world’s largest and second largest steelmakers, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, AM/NS Calvert is located in Calvert, AL. Our state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades including hot rolled bands, hot rolled pickled and oiled, cold rolled, and advanced coated products for the automotive, pipe and tube, appliance/HVAC, service center and construction industries in the NAFTA market.
AM/NS Calvert products are marketed in NAFTA through managing joint venture partner ArcelorMittal.
- Serves as a strategic business partner to the site operating units by proactively offering timely and effective solutions to needs and issues
- Effectively promotes positive employee engagement while adhering to the principle of integrity in alignment with the strategic direction of the organization
- Supports, facilitates, and interfaces between Employees and Management at all levels in conflict resolution, addressing of issues and concerns, and being a strong communication and engagement advocate
- Creates and maintains a work culture that promotes transparency and employee engagement at all levels within the organization
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Streamlines, standardizes, and continuously improves HR policies, practices, and processes, and develops the HR organization to be more effective in managing human capital
- Assists employees with general questions and issues in the areas of recruitment, benefits, payroll, and training
- Develops, executes, and continuously improves HR policies and procedures in alignment with the strategic direction of the organization
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 9001: 2015/IATF 16949 and ISO 14001: 2015
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or equivalent experience
- PHR or SHRM-CP is strongly preferred, but not required
- 5-7 years of Human Resources experience, with an emphasis on Employee Relations
- 5-7 years of Human Resources experience in a plant environment, interacting directly with manufacturing floor employees
- Experience translating knowledge of FMLA, NLRB, FLSA, ADA, etc., into effective decisions when dealing with employees at all levels of the organization
- Generalist knowledge of staffing, payroll, benefits, learning and development and other HR competencies
- Must be able to self-direct and work effectively to influence all levels of the organization including customers, employees, and senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and multiple commitments
- Strong organizational, analytical, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications competencies
- Must be willing to wear PPE to include safety glasses, fire rated jacket/pants/shirts, appropriate footwear, and safety vests, as required
Should have the interest and ability to work at our site operations in Calvert, Alabama
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call Phone number blocked - click to apply or email Email blocked - click to apply to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
AMNS Calvert is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Disability, Age, Vet, and Other Protected Group Status.