Geriatric Day Center ; Open Monday to Friday 8 to 5pm; No Nights, Weekends or Holidays
A Day Center Primary Care Worker/Personal Care Assistant performs assigned functions of personal care and routine chores as well as assists participants with Instrumental Activities of Dailey Living (IADL) and specified Activities of Dailey Living (ADL) in accordance with InnovAge established policies and procedures and following all applicable state regulations and guidelines under the direction, instruction and supervision of qualified Agency personnel. Physical attendance at an InnovAge facility and/or an InnovAge participant home is essential to performing the job duties.
* Aids participants with the Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL) that include; chore services, light housekeeping and laundry, changing of bed linens, medication reminders, meal prep and grocery shopping.
* Assists participants with the Activities of Daily Living (ADL) that include: light assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming (participant must be able to perform most of the task by himself/herself.
* Reports pertinent participant information regarding participants in a timely manner to appropriate team members and acts promptly in the case of emergency situations
* Documents services provided to participants in a timely and consistent manner utilizing the appropriate note. Accurately and consistently uses Mobil Time Tracking to document hours worked.
* Maintains a safe environment for participants and self and displays awareness of, and reports, safety and/or reverse hazards in a timely manner.
* Participates in participants' care planning through cooperation with multidisciplinary teams
* Completes appropriate service notes completely, accurately and in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
* Provides medication reminders as assigned.
* Participates in all required orientation, training, competency and in-service programs as scheduled and necessary per Agency policy.
* Is available for, and participates in, on-site supervisory visits per Agency direction, at a minimum of every 3 months.
* Participates in coordination of patient care, as required.
* Attends patient care conferences as scheduled.
* Performs personal care, homemaker, and companion services only as assigned by Clinical Director or Care Supervisor as instructed and in accordance with the established guidelines by the CDPHE, and ensures that instructions received are thoroughly understood.
* Observes and maintains client home environment that ensures the safety and security of the client.
* Assists the drivers with the loading and unloading of participants from vehicles.
* Assists participants with activities of daily living which include: bathing, dressing, grooming, hair care, mouth care, eating, hand and foot care and toileting as assigned or needed.
* Creates and participates in group(s) and one-on-one activities in accordance with daily activity calendar.
* Monitors and assists participants with meals at feeding table.
* Maintains clean and orderly day rooms, kitchen and personal care areas.
* Assists the transportation department with participant take home supplies.
* Participates in care planning for participants in conjunction with multidisciplinary teams.
* Participates in Quality Assurance programs as requested by management.
* May rotate into In-Home Services as a Homecare PCP as applicable and deemed necessary by the ADHC Supervisor
* Additional work functions and duties may be assigned
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
Requires personal transportation, valid state issued driver's license, good driving record and auto insurance as required by law
A minimum of one year working with the frail or elderly is required.
Bi-lingual-Spanish, Russian, Punjabi or Hmong Preferred
Job Title: Day Center Personal Care Worker (PCW)
FLSA Exemption Status: Non Exempt
- Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)
- Clinical Works
- Health Care
- Home Care
- Medical Emergency