To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lockhart, FL 32810
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lead Transportation Coordinator
Ravago Americas • Lockhart, FL
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The role of the Lead Transportation Coordinator is to support your team members while leading them towards meeting the transportation needs and goals of Ravago Americas. The lead will be focused on maintaining an organized, focused, well-rounded team that is concentrated on the sales support efforts for Ravago Americas. The lead will also play a crucial role in the escalation of critical shipments, communication to the supervisor of team issues and the guidance to Transportation Coordinators for their day-to-day tasks and career development.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Provide transportation support for all Transportation Coordinators within assigned network.
- Act as a key escalation point for;
o Transportation capacity struggles
- Communicate distressed or critical shipments to afterhours team for tracking and tracing
o Ensure communication is given to Sales / Customer Service / Internal Customers
- Ensure reporting Transportation Coordinators;
o Handle freight within their assigned territory in a timely manner
o Are using lowest possible cost transportation options
o Are maximizing customer service, including communication and on-time-delivery performance
o Fully complete their daily / weekly / monthly tasks as outlined in their job description
- Act as a direct contact for Account Managers, Customer Service Representatives, Product Coordinators, and Management for any shipping needs
- Ensure regional coverage is met during PTO / Sick / Vacation times
- Handle specialized freight transportation as assigned
- Any other responsibilities as assigned
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience in the transportation industry preferred
- Knowledge of transportation modes and warehouse operations
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access and Word