IL Oak Brook
Job Posting Title:
TreeHouse Foods is a private label food and beverage leader focused on customer brands and custom products. When customers partner with TreeHouse they can expect access to an industry-leading portfolio, strategic vision, on-trend innovation and insights, world-class supply chain, operational excellence and flexibility, collaborative approaches and dedicated customer service. Our strategy is to be the leading supplier of private label food and beverage products by providing the best balance of quality and cost to our customers. We engage with retail grocery, food away from home and industrial and export customers, including most of the leading grocery retailers and foodservice operators in the United States and Canada.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning audit and advisory support projects of financial, operational and IT functions, including defining scope of work and level of effort.
- Execute fieldwork, including assessing processes and controls, identifying weaknesses and opportunities for improvement, defining recommended corrective actions, and preparing audit work papers that document the work performed to support conclusions set forth in final audit or advisory reports.
- Collaborate with external auditors to execute interim, and year-end SOx testing.
- Assist in the use of data analytics for ad-hoc and continuous audit or advisory initiatives for monitoring and evaluating business and IT functions.
- Assist in the execution of other ad-hoc projects assigned by Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Perform follow-up audit procedures to assess the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions.
- Work as part of a team to complete tasks timely as set forth in the annual audit plan.
- Build and maintain effective and professional working relationships with Management.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan and execute audit projects.
- Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO risk assessment framework, GAAP, and financial reporting.
- Considers different approaches to decision-making to arrive at logical conclusions.
- Eager to learn food and beverage industry & regulatory standards and business acumen.
- Communicates clearly and concisely using effective communication methods.
- Ability to work independently, is a self-starter, and driven to accomplish assignments on time with high quality.
- Works effectively in a team oriented environment, improving overall team performance.
- Results driven, self-motivated person with the drive to maximize personal contribution to the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related fields
- 1-3 years of internal audit or public accounting experience
- SOx experience (a plus)
- Certified Public Accountant (preferred)
- Certified Internal Auditor (a plus)
Travel Requirements: Travel Required- 25%
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Auditor. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles