To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Geneva, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Mechanic - 1st Shift
OSI Group • Geneva, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production machines and plant facilities and for the proper preventative maintenance of the plant and production equipment assigned.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
(i.e., Policies, procedures, etc. for which you are responsible.)
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning production and plant equipment
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on production equipment
- Lubricate the production equipment on a daily basis
- Replace broken belts, bearings, motors, electrical systems on the production equipment as necessary
- Monitor and correct the oil levels and oil condition on the production equipment on a weekly basis
- Calibrate production equipment to ensure that all parts are running in synch
- Build machine modifications or system improvements as requested by management
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and controls for production equipment and throughout plant
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Keep area clean
- 1 year on the job training by other maintenance mechanics
- 3-5 years experience in the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of plant production machinery
- experience in the repair of Tiromat Packaging Machinery a plus
- working knowledge of mechanical inspection and repairs
- demonstrated mechanical and electrical equipment maintenance abilities
- experience in 3 phase electric and AC/DC control circuitry skills are essential
- ability to read diagrams a plus
- repair high speed packaging machinery, PLC's, welding and machine shop skills are a plus
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have own hand tools.
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.