To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mount Pleasant, MI 48858
- Manitowoc Foodservices
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resource Assistant
Welbilt • Mount Pleasant, MI
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you have a "passion for people," then you could be our next Human Resource Assistant with The Delfield Company.
As the Human Resource Assistant you will provide technical human resources assistance and administrative support to management and associates using established guidelines. Areas of involvement will be company policy/protocol guidance, employee/labor relations, hourly recruiting, administrative duties, and payroll back-up.
Reporting directly to the HR Lead, this position is based in Mt. Pleasant, Michigian.
If you're up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of - a future filled with passion, pride and satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Administrative support for labor management issues.
- Administrative support for HR functions.
- Backup for Payroll processing.
- Organization of site HR events.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to the HR Lead at grievance related meetings, labor management meetings; providing minutes of meetings, internal job postings, and maintaining plant bulletin boards.
- Administer procedures related to collective bargaining including, but not limited to, daily overtime, shift bump, and vacation record keeping.
- Coordinate and execute hourly staffing related logistics, including recruitment, screening and selection, posting jobs, scheduling interviews, preparing interview and new hire information kits, follow-up with employees.
- Ensure up to date employee communications are posted via electronic and paper posting.
- Perform various administrative duties including filing, creating manpower and FMLA reports, conducting employee verifications, scheduling events, and processing mail and invoices. Employee point of contact.
- Administer systems including ADP and Fusion.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with a minimum of 1 year experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and pay close attention to details.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
*Welbilt - Mt. Pleasant, Michigan manufactures world class products such as Delfield, Merco, and Multiplex. Products include frozen beverage dispensing equipment, hot-holding units, prep tables, worktop refrigeration, refrigerated equipment stands, mobile serving lines, an custom refrigeration. The facility in Mt. Pleasant is a division of Welbilt.