To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Victoria, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mgr - IPSC
Total Safety • Victoria, TX
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all activities associated with assigned operations. In conjunction with management, develops performance metrics for assigned area, evaluates performance and reports to management.
- Ensures that production, quality and safety goals are communicated and that employees understand their roles in meeting or exceeding those goals.
- Provides effective counsel, especially where corrective actions are needed.
- Manages the use of facilities, personnel, vehicles and equipment to maximize efficiency and profitability.
- Pro-actively manages assigned inventory and asset availability to satisfy customer needs and demands.
- Proactively manages quality, safety and environmental issues and ensures compliance with Federal, State, and Company standards. Ensures that issues are identified, addressed, and elevated if necessary, in a timely manner. Works with HSE to recommend develop and improve safety procedures, training, long-range accident prevention and cost containment objectives.
- Works with Sales, Customer Service and other internal departments to communicate and resolve customer concerns in a timely manner. Provides direct support to sales and marketing as needed. Assists, as needed, with the development of new product lines, departments and/or services within IPSC.
- Manages all operational issues to include direct involvement with briefing/debriefing and job preparation and follow-up. Reports status of operational issues to manager on an ongoing basis.
- Prepares accurate and timely documentation including billing, compliance, customer communication and satisfaction reports and quality assurance and/or safety alert issues.
- Partners with human resources for hiring and firing, performance evaluation, salary and job change actions. Coaches and counsels team and documents employee relations issues.
- Develops departmental training priorities and related budgets. Ensures that training programs are being utilized and communicates new needs to appropriate parties.
- Coaches and counsels team to improve technical skills and interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for team to learn new skills and techniques.
- Manages a Preventive Maintenance Program and repair facility for Total Safety and out-sourced equipment. Ensures that vehicles, equipment, facilities and other assets are properly maintained and in top working condition.
- Develops short and long-term forecasts, departmental goals and objectives in areas including staffing, equipment needs, problem prevention, and corrective action program.
- Works with others to develop new and/or improved procedures, processes and work standards for operational units. Integrates new concepts, technologies and practices and aligns with future needs to meet objectives.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience: Associates degree or higher in Engineering, Technical, or Business and at least five (5) years of progressive experience in petrochemical and/or refinery operations or industrial safety equipment industry with at least two (2) years of managerial experience. As equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Experience in Fire Protection Services, Respiratory Protection and Gas Detection is preferred.
Required Licenses or Specific Training: Current drivers license from state of residence, and valid proof of vehicle insurance. Must possess good driving record and be insurable by Total Safety US, Inc. insurance providers for vehicle insurance while driving company truck. Must have or be able to obtain a valid class C drivers license with a DOT hazardous endorsement. Must comply with DOT regulations if driving commercial vehicle.
Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and other data base software. Ability to quickly learn new software applications utilized by company. Ability to quickly learn new software applications utilized by company.
Ability to read and interpret technical procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Demonstrated integrity, professionalism and commitment to safety.
Must demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, an unwavering commitment to safety and health and other company policies and procedures. Must possess high ethical standards demonstrated by their approach to business.
Above average organization, communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with multiple internal, external & executive contacts.
Must understand and effectively manage key financial issues that impact operations functions and the business. Experience with budget preparation and cost control.
Thorough knowledge of Total Safety products and services provided in contract.
Working knowledge of customer business and industry with ability to define specific and/or special customer needs to satisfy the needs of the customer.
Knowledge of contracts and scope of service. Ability to plan and execute job preparation, briefing / debriefing, problem prevention and corrective action and follow-up.
Ability to prepare accurate and timely documentation including billing, compliance, customer communication and satisfaction reports and quality assurance and/or safety alert issues.
Ability to determine human resources and equipment needs as project matures and to coordinate resources among districts to achieve maximum profitability, efficiency and utilization.
Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment.
Interpersonal Communications: Effective communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively interact with and develop and maintain strong rapport and credibility with senior management in company and client organizations. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to speak Spanish, or other second language considered a plus. Constant contact with customers, operations, sales and other internal TS staff to furnish and obtain information and resolve issues. Must be responsive and at times persuasive with internal and external contacts.
Ensures that business initiatives and goals are effectively communicated to employees as appropriate. Demonstrates objective listening on a consistent basis and creates and maintains an environment that encourages open communication. Promotes respect within and outside the work group, teaches and encourages collaborative problem solving and effective working relationships. Maintains appropriate confidences. Coaches and counsels assigned staff to adhere to values, policies and standards and to improve safety, quality and process reliability in a cost effective manner.
While performing the duties of this job, is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Combination of office and field / production environments. Some exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, outside and extreme weather conditions, moving mechanical parts and high elevations. Travel to and from customer sites.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions: Interprets and carries out the programs or objectives developed at senior management or business unit level. These decisions specify what is to be done in lower levels, and how the resources allocated by upper management are deployed. If circumstances change, or if there is uncertainty about how resources are to be deployed, is required to establish what is to be done in similar circumstances in the future.
Most of work is not subject to direct check. Errors may be critical and have long-term impact. Accountable for all personnel, processes and quality in assigned area. Keeps manager informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or far-reaching implications.
Authority: In addition to supervisory duties, has impact on budgeting, controlling costs, planning, and scheduling & procedural change. Receives direction and guidance from manager to set annual objectives and assists with developing long-term goals for department. Interprets policy issues, recommends new concepts & resolves unusual problems. Is expected to analyze situations and data to recommend best course of action and to make positive and active contributions to assist the organization in achieving its key financial and growth goals.
Conducts budget and financial data analysis. Prepares monthly revenue / expense analysis and projections. Develops monthly and annual budgets, including Labor Spending Budget for review and approval by higher levels. Approves spending per policy and signature authorization levels. Monitors and manages all budget elements to ensure cost effective operation and works with supervisors to quickly correct negative deviations. Prepares specifications for equipment and supplies to ensure capability exists to meet organizational objectives. Manages capital and facility improvement plans.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at ( phone number removed> . (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired TTY, please contact 711).