Join First Vehicle Services as Heavy Truck Technician!
Servicing Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)
If you have experience with truck PMs, brakes, and suspensions, we are looking for you!
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages ($25-$28) based on experience and qualifications + ASE bonus money! (NOT flat rate)
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Excellent benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and retirement savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Ensuring safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic requirements:
- Valid driver's license. Willing to obtain CDL while employed
- Previous PM, Medium duty truck repair, and auto repair experience
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Willing to obtain ASE Truck Certifications while employed (company training & bonuses provided!)
- Subject to background check and drug screen
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.