Job ID: 54316
We encourage new ideas that will differentiate our company and improve the plans and services we provide. We also encourage teamwork as an essential element of our shared success and provide a work environment in which all people, ideas and backgrounds are respected, supported and valued.
- Is a creative thinker and great teammate who can come up with innovative approaches to help resolve complex issues.
- Has good analytical and problem solving skills and is able to break down a solution into smaller units of work and produce a solution roadmap.
- Has written high quality, well-tested shared components that can be leveraged by multiple systems.
- Takes pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into code and constantly innovating.
- Has extensive experience in back-end development, service design, data modeling and web development.
- Takes requirements (business features, technical debts and internal enhancements) and designs resilient solutions.
- Can support and collaborate with multiple development teams and provide technical guidance.
- Can step into specific projects to supply additional management, coding and engineering capacity as needed to make projects successful.
- Has expert knowledge in distributed systems with a heavy focus in conversational semantics for large scale distributed systems.
- Is passionate about webscale technologies as applied to large scale growing businesses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and is able to explain a complex technical solution to business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into well documented requirements, architectural plans and produce near production ready prototypes.
- Expert at producing sequence flow diagrams, solution diagrams, architectural component diagrams
- Two years of experience of mentoring team leads and engineers.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn from peers and coworkers junior to them.
- Ability to enforce responsible engineering practices (including automated unit and stress testing, engineering for data security, resiliency, scalability, etc.)
- Proficient in multiple programming languages like: Java, Python, Ruby, Scala, Groovy, GO, BASH
- Expert knowledge of Java or Scala or Erlang with 7+ years of experience.
- In depth experience developing high volume transactions and distributed applications- both real-time and batch.
- A deep understanding of performance tuning and scalability.
- Development experience with REST WebServices and various data interchange and representation formats such as JSON, XML, HTML etc.
- Development experience with RDBMS, distributed cache (Memcached, Redis) and NoSQL database.
- Deep end to end architectural understanding of distributed applications.
- Experience with containerization technologies (such as Docker) and familiarity with micro-service architecture and development patterns.
- A deep and demonstrable understanding of design patterns.
- Knowledge and understanding of application servers such as JBoss, Tomcat and Weblogic.
- Development experience with security such as securing the users and their data.
- Development experience of writing batch jobs with performing high volume transactions.
- Knowledge and understanding of work in modern CI environments: version control, build tool, CI server
- Knowledge of Open Source libraries, tools and frameworks. Experience with any modern open source libraries would be an added advantage.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Experience in HIPAA and PCI security Domain.
- Development experience with modern technologies such Elastic Search, Kafka, Kibana,
- Logstash, Hibernate/JPA, Spring, Angular. Experience with any modern technologies would be an added advantage.
- Experience building and deploying software onto AWS or Openstack using Chef, or similar technologies.
- Experience with big data and data analytics applications, or similar systems programming experience.
- Strong expertise in text parsing, analytics and machine learning.
- Has worked extensively on parsing and generating EDI formats.
- Experience with SAFE framework.
- Experience with Java Message Service (JMS) and Message Driven Bean (MDB) development is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of JDBC and managing transactions.
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture.
- US Citizenship is preferred.
- Experience in the insurance industry, specifically with the health care industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field or comparable work experience.
At Fast Switch, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn't that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at Fast Switch have been doing this for 22 years. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
Ranked '#1' supplier by over 50% of our customers nationally.
Ranked 'Top 3' supplier by over 75% of our customers nationally.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: URL blocked - click to apply and at the bottom of the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: URL blocked - click to apply
You can also follow us on Twitter at: URL blocked - click to apply
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: URL blocked - click to apply
Ruby On Rails
Java Database Connectivity
Java Persistence Api
Amazon Web Services