To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Durham, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Jr. Contracts Negotiator
Apex Systems • Durham, NC
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Systems is looking for a Jr. Contracts Negotiator
Prepare, analyze, and negotiate vendor contracts, and follow through to execution and retention, with a focus on standard agreements. Assist Business and Technical Owners from all functional areas in the selection of vendors and documentation of vendor obligations consistent with business requirements. Work within the framework of purchasing, contracting and legal strategies, law, administrative regulations and company policies and procedures. Guide and assist internal customers through the entire decision making process and contracting experience. Maintains thorough knowledge of contract(s), modifies and negotiates amendments and educates all parties on contract terms and deliverables.
• Accept assignments for Contract Requests from Business Owners and evaluate to determine applicable Business Owner requirements.
• Prepare, draft and negotiate standard contracts, agreements and/or amendments, including information technology licensing agreements. Design, develop, and draft agreement structures and participate in meetings to finalize terms.
• Coordinate the contracting process on given contracts, including negotiation, close-out actions, billing issues/disputes and issue resolution. Ensure commercial optimization of contracts through appropriate mechanisms.
• Provide resources and direction to business areas related to contractual matters and contract interpretation in a consistent, precise, and timely manner.
• Identify business risks and develop strategies for avoidance and mitigation. Identify and coordinate the identification of legal issues related to contracts.
• Author correspondence associated with contract administration, including amendments, transmittal letters, and problem reporting and resolution
• Comply with corporate policies and procedures, and analyze and comply with regulatory guidelines.
• Develop new procedures, training and education, initiatives, specifications and recommendations for contracts and/or process changes, as appropriate.
• Assist in the competitive bidding process, determine vendor viability and manage vendor relationships in the contracting process utilizing the Contract Management System.
• Work with stakeholders to ensure that contract language is up to date and represents company compliance, legal and business needs.
• Track and report on contract status and negotiated savings.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2 years contract negotiation and/or purchasing experience
• Without degree, 4 years of experience as stated above.
• Familiarity with information technology licensing agreements
• Strong negotiation or consultative skills.
• Ability to collaborate, research and develop creative solutions to contractual issues
• Commitment to excellent customer service
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to interpret and present qualitative data
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and independently
• Strong organizational skills with proven ability to manage work in a timely manner
• Excellent MS Word and Outlook skills
• Paralegal certification preferred
If interested please send resumes to Caroline Edmondson, email@example.com
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178