At a Glance
- You’re a motivated rising junior or above / graduate-level student with a 3.0 GPA or higher seeking a degree in one of the following areas listed below from an accredited college or university:
- Business Administration
- Data Science
- Computer Information Systems
- Management Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Advanced Analytics
- This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment from May 27, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
The Spectrum Internship Experience
- Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship.
You have clear aspirations and are seeking a summer internship program that will help you meet them. Find it at Spectrum, named one of the Top 100 Internship Programs in the United States by WayUp.
Our internships are designed to provide:
What you can expect in this role
- Opportunities to gain new skills and elevate the ones you already have, all in a robust and forward-thinking business setting.
- First-rate, hands-on experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Opportunities to connect you with people who can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you accomplish real goals you can add to your résumé, this includes assigning you a formal mentor and interactions with senior executives.
As a Spectrum Intern, you’ll be essential to two teams — your respective department and your Intern peer group. Department and team-focused projects account for about 80% of your schedule. You’ll spend the other 20% on professional development sessions and networking activities, including the Kickoff Conference on May 27 and 28, webinars, community service, cross-functional project, and final presentations.
Internship responsibilities may include
- Develop a model capable of using data downloaded from Salesforce and other tools to build Gantt charts and timelines that utilize project dependencies
- Produce customer facing project planning / progress reports that are driven by multiple data sources
- Collaboration in a team environment to assess the needs of the team, determine sources of information, organizing the structure of the Knowledgebase/WIKI and teaching the team how to administer
- Re-design existing SharePoint site upon recommendations for the internal websites managed by BI&I, including the main site and the sub-sites maintained for each direct report team
- Integrate SharePoint site with existing internal Chalk sites to improve documentation and data storage
- Documents SharePoint configuration and architecture
- Assist with enhancements, improvements and data management within our Project Tracker, aligning projects to the POR (plan of record) and accurately allocate cap/opex expenses accordingly
- Audit and document database structure, fields, values and dependencies.
- Provide standard and ad-hoc reporting support across each team utilizing the following tools: MS Excel, MS Access, Salesforce, Tableau, JIRA
Potential titles may include
Here’s what it takes to get started
- Business Analyst Intern
- System Administrator Intern
- Reporting Analyst Intern
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited College or University completing a Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Degree
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA or greater in current program
- Ability to travel locally to Spectrum Intern development events and activities throughout the program
- Analytical skills
- Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira/Confluence)
- Business Analysis
- Coding, programming
- Database query languages
- Data science and analytics
- Front end development
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written skills
- Predictive modeling, machine learning
- Problem solving skills
- Project and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Scripting and reporting
- Software development skills
- QA Process
- Technical documentation
- Technical analytical tools such as VBA, SQL, SAS
- Sharepoint Administration
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)
Management Information Systems
Microsoft Power Point