To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Davenport, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Electrical Engineer - Rolling
Arconic • Davenport, IA
Posted 1 month ago
Arconic iscurrently is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineerfor the Rolling Department to join in our Global Rolled Products (GRP)Operations business unit in Davenport, IA.
At Arconic, our goal is to be the best companyin the world! Arconic serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building andconstruction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets. We bringdesign, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Arconic’s businessesas a single source solution for our customers. GRP’s mission is to bethe world’s leading aluminum producer with the widest variety of coil, sheetand plate products in the world. To achieve this goal, Davenport Works’manufacturing processes need to be technologically sustainable, cost effective,and able to grow and be continually improved as demonstrated with over $500million invested in the last five years.
Since it opened in 1948, Arconic’s Davenport,Iowa aluminum facility has been at the forefront of American manufacturing.Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plant employs morethan 2,000 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry.Engineering’s principle challenge is to provide safe, reliable, maintainableand capable equipment and processes to meet these goals.
The SeniorElectrical Engineer is responsible (both individually and in teams) for theelectrical engineering of one or more pieces of equipment and/or facilitieswithin Davenport Works. You will havethe responsibility for coordinating and implementing Lean Manufacturingprinciples across material flow paths, and thus must gain a complete view andunderstanding of the manufacturing process to be successful.
The Senior Electrical Engineer’s assignmentwill focus in the following principal areas:
- Manageall aspects of engineering project work, including investigation,specification, design, funding, installation, tune up, documentation,maintenance training, and statistical startup of plant equipment.
- ProvideElectrical engineering and process improvement support in assigned areas of theproduction facility, including problem solving, tactical support, and proactivethinking with respect to process capabilities.
- ProvideEngineering leadership in assigned area including: working with area leadershipto make technical operations support decisions and supporting less experiencedengineers with coaching and mentoring.
- Estimateand manage capital investments associated with project work, including fundingrequest preparation and expenditure projection, tracking and reporting
- Providesupport in the identification of area manufacturing problems, problem solvingto root and implementation of corrective measures
- Overseethe activities of skilled craft personnel involved in the implementation ofengineered solutions including creating and conducting the up-skill trainingfor maintenance crafts and other support resources
- Initiateand maintain an ongoing dialogue with installers and maintainers to identifyissues, clarify requirements, and facilitate use of safe work practices
- Manageexternal vendors who provide design, material, installation and other supportfunctions
- Workprimarily daytime shifts M-F, but will be expected to work off-shifts, asneeded, to support the functions of this role
- B.S.Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimumof 5 years of electrical engineer experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experienceleading, managing and executing electrical projects including design,installation, and commissioning
- Experiencewith industrial automation, process control systems, power distribution, and/orPLC's
- Goodverbal and written communications skills and ability to function as a member ofor lead team or group activities
- Employeesmust be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification ofemployment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorshipis not available for this position.
- Thisposition is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen,U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, orRefugee.
- Manufacturingexperience in the metals or similar industry
- Experiencewith rolling equipment
- Experiencewith data analytics