To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Riverwoods, IL 60015
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Emergency Services & Security Coordinator
CF Industries • Riverwoods, IL
Posted 3 days ago
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department:AJ0181A EHS Compliance & DF Hlth Svcs, Exempt
Job Summary:The Emergency Services/Security Supervisor is responsible for advancing a culture of emergency preparedness and response, and security excellence where everyone is engaged, empowered and innovative in cultivating a workplace that promotes the security and safety of our employees, contractors, and visitors. Major responsibilities include leading and supervising the emergency response and security teams including setting and measuring objectives for the team, managing and improving preparedness/response/recovery systems, developing key staff, and ensuring effective communications. Position will have emergency services and security responsibilities for twenty-three wholesale fertilizer terminals/warehouses located in eight states and three Canadian provinces.
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for emergency response and security performance and culture. Analyze data, assumptions, resources, constraints, and the location culture to develop a long-range course of actions to achieve that vision. Ensure that vision aligns with overall EHS and Distribution Facilities strategy.
- Ensure alignment and coordination of shared emergency services and security work processes with the business strategy. Ensure activities are rooted in company values.
- Measure emergency services and security performance by identifying key measures of progress, understanding limits and boundaries of data, and creating mileposts and symbols to rally support and encourage improvement.
- Monitor current and future emergency response and security regulatory requirements as well as Company Standards to ensure the Distribution Facilities locations are able to comply.
- Implement and improve processes that effectively and efficiently assess emergency response and security risk management and compliance assurance practices and systems.
- Establish systems and leverage technology to identify, assess, manage, and mitigate emergencies and security risks and ensure regulatory compliance with applicable Federal, State, local regulations, and company policies.
- Establish processes that empower change agents to promote continuous innovations and safety and health improvements across the Distribution Facilities locations. Works with other departments to review barriers to meeting emergency response and security expectations.
- Determine the skills, knowledge, and behaviors needed for emergency response and security success. Facilitate internal knowledge and skill sharing, and utilize technology to ensure efficient and effective knowledge development. Ensure emergency response and security training programs deliver increased engagement, better decision-making, and growth opportunities.
- Establish command and control, through delegation of authority from the General Manager, of emergency response and security incidents by creating objectives and directing the implementation of strategy and tactics including unified command with community resources to ensure effective operations, management, and communications.
- Works with affected departments to ensure emergency response and security policies, programs and processes meet or exceed regulatory and company expectations.
- Establish clear expectations for emergency response and security staff and hold staff accountable for those expectations. Foster continuous development of leadership and technical skills, and create a learning environment that encourages efficient and effective processes.
- Foster employee engagement through communications of the shared emergency preparedness and security culture and vision. Promote a culture of open communication and continuous learning through sharing of all emergency response and security incidents/near misses and developing a mature Human Performance Risk (behavioral safety) program by sharing both positive and negative messages, but including possibilities of improvement.
- Develop effective communication channels, techniques, and tools that will reach the target audience including employees, contractors, and visitors with the key emergency response and security messages. Can influence others on new ideas and the benefits of change.
- Act as the Distribution Facilities representative on the Corporate Crisis and Emergency Response, and Security Councils including obtaining location leadership input/consensus on issues prior to meetings and influencing Company efforts.
- Participate in government, industry and community committees to provide an external forum of communication for representing the interests of the location on emergency services and security matters.
Position Scope/ Contribution:
This position has a significant impact upon the personal security, preparedness and response performance and culture of the Distribution Facilities locations. Ensuring these locations are not only operating within all applicable laws and regulations but is driving continuous improvement is critical to the successful operation. Can manage and influence both up and down in the organization.
Understands and complies with established departmental programs, processes, and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies. Understands and complies with Corporate Environmental, Health, and Safety department standards, policies, and processes.
Required competencies include:
Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated leadership capabilities including employee development and engagement skills, strong change management skills, strong analytical and decision-making abilities, and ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with regulatory authorities.
Successful incumbents will have:
- A minimum of 10 years directly related experience with demonstrated knowledge of industrial emergency response and/or chemical location security operations, regulations, and peer consensus standards including a minimum of three years managing, leading, and/or training emergency responders or security/law enforcement personnel;
- Possession of recognized emergency response and/or security certification(s) that require a formal rigorous screening process, a minimum of formal education and experience, a written examination and continuous maintenance education requirements;
- Preferred examples: American Society of Industrial Security (CPP) Certified Protection Professional or (PSP) Physical Security Professional accreditation, Police Officer Standards Training (POST), National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), ProBoard, IFSAC, or Department of Defense (DOD) Firefighter, Fire Instructor, Fire Inspector, Fire Officer, Hazardous Materials Technician, Confined Space Rescue Technician, Incident Safety Officer, and/or Health and Safety Officer, Requests for equivalency of programs considered on a case-by-case basis.
- FEMA Incident management system courses IS-100, 200, 300, 400, 700, and 800;
- Computing skills and proficiency with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office suite of business applications;
- A Bachelor’s degree in a criminal justice, homeland security, emergency management, fire science, or related field is preferred.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.