Apex Systems is looking for a Jr. Systems Administrator to support a government contract in Columbia, MD. If interested, please submit your most up-to-date resume to Jared Sanson. His email is Email blocked - click to apply
Candidates must be US Citizens and able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance and a DHS EOD Public Trust per condition of employment. Junior System Administrator Job Description:
Required Skills, Experience, and Education
- Linux System Administrator, Member of a team of system administrators developing, deploying, and managing professional services solutions exclusively to Federal Government clients.
- Key Roles and Responsibilities: Develops and applies junior to mid-level methods, theories and research techniques in investigation and solution of complex and difficult system design requirements and problems.
- Technically support existing and new projects through all project lifecycle phases.
- Coordinate efforts with the system administrator lead and additional technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
- Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Reviews completion and implementation of systems additions and/or enhancements and recommends corrections in technical application.
- Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Education: Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 3-5 years applicable progressively complex systems design administration experience, including integration of complex hardware/software systems.
- Linux System experience, Redhat certified w/ 3-5+ years’ experience, college degree in an Information Technology related field.
Virtualization experience (VMware) as well as Puppet and/or Ansible experience.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.
Repairing (Computer Systems)
Server (Computer Science)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Jr. Systems Administrator
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 939356
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
WHAT WE DO:
Apex Systems is a division of the 2nd largest IT staffing and services firm in North America. From consulting to staff augmentation, we connect top tech talent with great companies in all industries.
Apex earned Inavero’s Best of Staffing™ Client Diamond and Talent Awards for providing superior service to clients and job seekers, putting the company in the top 2 percent of all U.S. staffing agencies.
SUPPORTING OUR CONTRACT EMPLOYEES:
We take the time to understand a candidate’s talents and needs to ensure a good match with companies for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire positions. Each recruiter within Apex is focused on a specific skill area within infrastructure, applications, and project management. This focused discipline enables our local recruiters to work directly with our candidate’s and focus their talent on the right position at the right time.
WHO OUR CUSTOMERS ARE:
We serve Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies from a wide variety of industries, including communications, energy, financial services, government services, healthcare, technology, and utilities.
WHERE WE ARE:
Apex has branches in over 70 locations across the U.S. and Canada and more than 1,000 employees dedicated to supporting the needs of our clients and contract team members. Visit www.apexsystems.com to find a local branch or connect with an Account Manager or Recruiter.
View the full profile