Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke’s Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. The hospital was the first facility in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award five consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s also has three community emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care for the Greater Houston area.
CHI St. Luke’s Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, has been serving our community since 1954. We proudly provide a vast array of services that help us keep our community safe and healthy.
$20,000 Sign-on Bonus for RNs and up to $10,000 Relocation assistance
*The Sign-on Bonus for is for nurses hired into positions providing direct, bedside care and who accept an offer before August 30th, 2021.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
• Health/Dental/Vision InsuranceResponsibilities
• Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and dependent adults
• Care for Caregivers: Resilience Through Adversity is a series of sessions designed to help caregivers build their resilience and advance their mental well-being during these difficult times
• Flexible spending accounts
• Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
• Matching Retirement Programs
• Wellness Programs
As a Registered Nurse you will be responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care through assessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning and implementing intervention and evaluating patient care outcomes. With the staff nurse's professional practice he/she responsible for participating in and maintaining quality, cost effectiveness and guest relations. Provide patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures and the standards of professional nursing practice as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring, and our families need protection. With our combined resources, we are committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community. This role will allow you to give back to our community and broaden your healthcare skills. Qualifications
• Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma
• Bachelors in Nursing Preferred*
*Medical Center - “*Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) within 2 years from date of hire. Current employees grandfathered before July 2020.”
• Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
• BLS with skills demonstration
• No certification required
• At least one (1) year of RN experience
• Demonstrated competence in Registered Nurse I performance expectations or meets experience requirements upon hire
related skills: Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse, ADN, BSN, ACLS, Cardiovascular, Telemetry, NIH, Medical Surgical, EPIC, inpatient, hospital, acute care, clinic, hospital, compassion, patience, kindness, respect
Registered Nurse Certified
Associates Degree In Nursing