Position Summary: As a Senior Software Engineer , you'll be an integral member of the Digital Accelerator Team, responsible for digital transformation of the businesses through concept and delivery of digital products.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Work side by side with cross functional teams, user experience designers, project managers, product managers, functional owners and engineers across the company, architecting and building digital product on a project basis.
* Responsible for scalable, reusable highly available architecture that conforms to security, performance and other standards provided.
* Converts business requirements into technical solutions, communicates them to engineering teams, breaks down user stories into tasks and assigns them accordingly.
* Act in capacity of a trusted subject matter expert who understands a broad range of software engineering methodologies including both agile and waterfall, and who can effectively design, articulate and develop state of the art digital products while balancing the business need, user experience and certain technical limitations effectively.
* Help functional owners understand and scale the risks at the project initiation as well as running projects, and similarly understand the best opportunities for fastest most efficient improvements
* Defines and enforces good software development standards by reviewing code and implementing third party code scanning tools, automated test execution within Dev Ops pipeline.
* Resolves technical team conflicts and developers a culture of productive collaboration.
* Supports or acts as scrum master leading daily stand ups, sprint planning sessions and sprint demos on a need basis.
* 2 years of Python development experience
* 10 + years IT experience.
* 2 years of Java development is good to have
* 3 years of experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores
* 1 years of experience writing and enforcing unit tests
• Experience working with various technology stacks, ability to quickly and efficiently pick up and analyze new product requirements, and provide options for architectures and development roadmap
• Experience with OO Programming languages such as Java, .Net
• Understanding and experience implementing 12 factor app principles
• 5 years of experience with software development across the full stack as well as relational and non relational data stores
• Experience working in a large, cross functional organization, experience working in a startup is a plus
• Strong understanding and advocacy for the user needs
• Strong recent hands on software architecture and development experience
• Experience providing technical build vs buy analysis
• Ability to rapidly learn deeply technical subjects, such as cloud service offerings, security, various data sources and legacy software
• Understanding of both agile and waterfall software development processes since many product teams are already agile and many product teams are earlier in that journey
• Strong experience with architecting and delivering new digital products as well as supporting, improving and scaling existing products
• Experience with various application clients, such as mobile, web and desktop applications
• Strong presentation skills, ability to effectively articulate complex technical concepts in a simple and approachable to any audience
• Ability to serve stakeholders with large, geographically distributed teams
• Education: B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
Sql (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)
Agile Software Development