The Woodbridge Group® a global manufacturer of foam products and just in time assembly & sequencing for diversified products offers innovative urethane and bead foam technologies, to serve the automotive industry and several other business sectors around the globe. Since its inception in 1978, the company has grown to more than 60 facilities throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The key competitive strength for the Woodbridge Group® continues to revolve around its people and their commitment to improve everything they do. With over 8,000 employees worldwide, The Woodbridge Group® is focused on evolving workplace safety, sustainable environmental stewardship and enduring customer satisfaction, in each of the markets they serve.
Employee will be involved in the day-to-day operation of the automotive fabrication process. While individual will be assigned primarily to the Slitter Operation duties, they are in no way limited to that area. Cross training on other equipment will be required in this position.
- Follow all general safety regulations and use provided safety equipment as required.
- Understand Quality Policy requirements. Always follow work instructions and procedures as established through Quality Policy.
- Machine set-up/operation per procedures Computer production systems and data entry
- Operation of overhead hoist Knowledge of CMS in areas of proper reporting production and scrap.
- Utilize proper handling techniques to minimize product damage.
- Attend all safety training and meetings.
- Notify supervisor or manager of unsafe working conditions.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times.
- Maintain a continuous feedback loop with Supervisor pertaining to defects affecting quality.
- Packaging of finished goods
- Maximize use of foam to obtain optimum yield.
- Use tape measure and understand measuring increments.
- Continuous focus on departmental goals pertaining to thru put, yield, safety and quality.
- Keep area neat, organized and clean as well as follow 5S principles, as they are appropriate.
- Cross train in other positions as required.
- Shifts as required
- High school graduate or equivalent; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and training materials such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Packaging And Labeling
Occupational Safety And Health
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 838268
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Woodbridge is always adding smart, scientific, and strategic thinkers to our team. As a private, family-owned company, our organizational culture is represented by a team that is incredibly connected and engaged. From the CEO, to management, to entry-level teammates, together we drive innovation and continuous improvement.
View the full profile
We’re a leading global supplier of foam material technologies for automotive, commercial, recreational, packaging, healthcare and building products. We offer a full array of services such as chemical research and development, product and process engineering, tooling, technical support, and accredited laboratory testing.
Established in 1978, we employ more than 7,500 teammates in over 60 location across 10 countries throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific. We are constantly challenging ourselves to give customers what they are looking for before they even realize they need it. We encourage curiosity, creativity, and idea sharing above all else. At Woodbridge, everyone wants to hear what you have to say. To learn more about our career opportunities, visit our website.