There are currently multiple open positions at the Principal User Experience Designer level.
Fidelity Investments is looking for a Principal User Experience Designer who is passionate about their craft and making investing approachable for all audiences. We are redefining the financial services industry by changing the way we work and putting the customer first. It s a fast-paced environment where decisions are data-focused, collaborative, and iterative. The organization deeply values design.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- 7-10+ years of UX or related experience is preferred
- A degree in a related field such as interactive design, architecture, industrial design, graphic design, or human factors is preferred
- Experience working on agile teams delivering value in digital products preferred
- Experience running and/or using research to support evidence-focused design decisions preferred
- A digital portfolio we can review online is required
- An array of design skills, which might include visual, conversational, information architecture, prototyping, strategic design methods (such as design thinking), user research, or writing
- Ability to design across all channels including web, native, and automated
- Effective communication as a writer, presenter, and facilitator; equally at ease speaking with developer partners or executives
- A foundation of development knowledge, both web and mobile
- Familiarity with the value of design systems, understanding reuse and scale, and knowing when to contribute to make them better
- Partnering with user research to understand the customer problems to tackle
- Distilling qualitative and quantitative feedback to unearth recurring themes and promote data-driven design decisions
- An unwavering curiosity to ask why
- Design brings you happiness
- Principal UX Designers typically:
- Lead definition of the design work and deliver business outcomes across multiple product teams, with minimal guidance and coaching
- Partner with the product owner to help inform product strategy
- Work across the organization to drive consistent customer experiences
- Contribute to the culture of the UXD group
- Coach and mentor junior designers across the group
- Provide design and product thought leadership
This role supports Personal Investing at Fidelity, a group that helps a wide array of customers with services like wealth management, retirement planning, brokerage services, workplace plan administration, college savings, and financial planning and engagement programs. This role also supports Fidelity s User Experience Design team, a group that delivers simple and accessible digital experiences to its customers.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
$107,000 - $179,000 per year
This position is eligible for incentive compensation or an annual bonus opportunity.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.Join Us
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal User Experience Designer, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling \u0022[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal User Experience Designer.\u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal User Experience Designer.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal User Experience Designer, or by calling
, prompt 2, option 3.
- Agile Methodology
- Coaching And Mentoring