To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Austin, TX 78701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Consultant- Healthcare
Public Consulting Group, Inc. • Austin, TX
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2,200 professionals in 55 offices around the U.S. and in Montreal, UK and Poland. The firm draws on more than three decades of consulting to public sector clients to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.Responsibilities
PCG’s Austin office is looking for a Senior Consultant to help further develop and expand PCG’s current Medicaid rate setting and reimbursement suite of services. Specifically, we are looking for an experienced value-based reimbursement specialist who can help PCG expand our presence with State Medicaid programs, as well as MCO and ACO marketplaces. In addition to managing a team of Consultants and Business Analysts in our Austin office, this Senior Consultant will help enhance our business development efforts, and will manage client programs, activities, and care delivery initiatives related to value-based performance. Specifically:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as project manager and subject matter expert within the practice with a strong understanding of federal requirements for funding and service provision.
- With the support of senior leadership, assist with the development and implementation of a value-based business development approach, with an aim to expanding into MCO, ACO, and provider marketplaces. This includes the determination of the tools and skills needed to expand our business into these markets.
- Function as a subject matter expert for value-based reimbursement methodologies, including facilitating and supporting initiatives with clients.
- Assist in development of PCG’s plan to provide analytical support for value-based programs, the role of collecting, analyzing, and interpreting clinical and costs data from various programs.
- Stay attuned to industry and market trends and research on best practices and initiatives in developing new and innovative payment and network models that support quality-driven health care.
- Independently manage complex projects, staff and tasks with limited supervision while meeting and exceeding performance expectations.
- Facilitate client discussions.
- Manage a team of Consultants and Business Analysts with an existing portfolio of projects;
- Manage client deliverables, project teams, and project budgets;
- Plan, monitor, and manage ongoing project tasks.
- Actively search and respond to potential client procurement requests;
- Lead proposal writing teams, including writing sections, coordinating efforts, and preparing proposal submissions.
- Prepare other written reports and materials for clients.
- Manage daily project functions and client interaction.
- Strong quantitative skills, able to analyze and interpret financial and clinical data
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret policy, legal briefs, and regulations;
- Systems and process-oriented thinker with a strong interest in health care payment reform;
- Understanding of evidence-based practice ideals;
- Expert in value-based principles, fee-for-value structures, and population-health strategies.
- Some content expertise in areas relevant to ACO structure and performance, alternative payment models, reimbursement, managed care reforms, integration of care, etc.
- Provider contracting and/or reimbursement program implementation experience is preferred.
- Experience with Patient Centered Medical Homes and/or Accountable Care Organizations preferred.
- Outstanding oral and written presentation skills
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to successfully identify new business opportunities and up-sell to existing customers.
- Educations: Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred
- Experience: 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Office setting with travel required, depending on client needs
- Business Analysts
- Project team members