To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Livermore, CA 94551
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Multicultural Public Relations Manager - Livermore, CA
Comcast Corporation • Livermore, CA
Posted 25 days ago
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcome!
Responsible for planning and conducting public relations programs designed to create, maintain and protect a favorable public image for the company. Implements the California Region's public relations efforts with ethnic media outlets, social media strategy, and measurement of the impact of the Region's communications outreach. Helps to develop messages, materials and other assets to support the Region's story telling initiatives and customer experience focus.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- In partnership with Region and Division colleagues, develops and implements PR programs that shape the company's reputation.
- Lead the California Region's public relations efforts with multicultural media outlets and maintain relationships with multicultural journalists.
- Oversee the Region's partnerships with the multicultural journalist organizations such as New American Media (NAM), the Bay Area chapter of the National Hispanic Journalists Association (NAHJ),Bay Area Black Journalists Association (BABJA), and the San Francisco and Sacramento chapters of the Asian-American Journalists Assoc. (AAJA).
- Conceptualize and facilitate the Region's paid partnerships with multicultural digital influencers
- Serve as an on-camera spokesperson for the company, especially with multicultural outlets.
- Must have experience in giving live TV interviews.
- Partners with the Region and HQ's Multicultural teams to amplify national initiatives at a local level
- Help develop, lead and implement the social media strategy for the California Region, represents the region in the West Divison (WD) and HQ's Social Media Club- Be proficient in Social Media functions and manage Comcast California Region's social media platforms and accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and blogs efforts, as well as monitoring and responding to posts about Comcast California.
- Manage awards submissions for external awards programs such as CableFAX 100 and Multichannel News' "Most Powerful Women in Cable."
- Collects social and traditional media clips and distributes them to the appropriate audiences.
- Conceptualize and execute events that foster brand affinity.
- Creates and distributes reports measuring the impact of the Region's public relations efforts.
- Collaborates with a variety of functions across the business to identify opportunities to support Region goals.
- Serve as "back-up" to the Director of Public Relations and Media Relations Manager, handling their specific duties during vacation/sick days.
- Reviews fact sheets, social media, news releases, photographs, scripts, motion pictures, or audio recordings to media representatives and other persons who may be interested in learning about or publicizing company's activities or message.
- Promotes goodwill through such publicity efforts as speeches, exhibits, films, tours, and question/answer sessions.
- Represents, coordinates, and supervises public relations activities that facilitate communication of the organization's message to internal and external publics.
- Delegates activities/projects among less experienced assistants to ensure timely results; monitors progress and provides guidance as appropriate.
- Serves as liaison with PR agencies, news agencies, and event organizers to ensure project goals are met and timetable/budget parameters are kept.
- Writes/edits and translates significant internal and external communications pieces including management speeches and parts of annual reports.
- Focuses direction and efforts on understanding what audience is to be reached and with what message.
- Works with outside vendors for quotes for all community investment program items, premium items, print materials, and fulfillment process.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong relationships with multicultural journalists and media outlets in California
- Bilingual Fluent in Spanish
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Communications / Public Relations
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
- Proven ability to attain measurable results for public relations programs through social and traditional media outreach
- Ability to generate results in fast-paced environment while working multiple projects
- Willingness to travel
- Must be flexible and adaptable to evolving priorities, teams and work environments
- Willingness to work with a variety of teams with diverse skillsets and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer