Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
The Senior Network Engineer is a critical role in the Service Delivery Unit within Global Digital Solutions organization. This role supports the adoption of global operational service delivery model inside ENEL USA and Canada perimeter.
Under general direction of the Senior Manager, the Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the day to day support of the network, design and operations of the data (wired and wireless) and voice networks, network technology evaluations, protocol analysis, configuration, documentation, research, trouble shooting and analysis. In addition, the Senior Network Engineer takes an active role in capacity planning and network monitoring.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing user requirements, solving technical problems, following ENEL policies & procedures, participating in service planning meetings to align with the goals of Global Service Delivery Unit. This role supports different teams with automation, continuously improves current IT/OT Network infrastructure and procedures.
What You'll Do at Enel:
- Responsible for ensuring the movement of data through highly available networks that comprise the IT enterprise network
- Responsible for ensuring the movement of data through highly available networks that comprise the OT and Industrial Control Systems enterprise network environment, subject to local compliance regulation in the area of Cyber Assets Management (i.e., NERC, SOC, FedRAMP, or equivalent/similar).
- Design, implement and troubleshoot VoIP and Mobile network and services to end-users.
- Design, develop and implement network solutions for Disaster Recovery, SaaS and Back Office environments.
- Provide highly skilled technical assistance in network planning, engineering, and architecture.
- Develop technical standards and documentation, identify and evaluate new products, and provide resolution for network
- Identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
Who You Are:
What You've Accomplished:
- Immediate contributor with experience working with most of the following Networking systems, protocols and or software/hardware:
- Fortinet, Cisco and Palo Alto firewalls
- Cisco Industrial and Catalyst switches
- Cisco Nexus experience and Cisco ISR routers
- Cisco Wireless and AP solutions
- F5 LTM/GTM Load Balancers
- VoIP, BGP, EIGRP, TACACS, DNS, DHCP, Cellular
- Knowledge of AWS Networking and configurations
- Cisco Viptela experience or other knowledge of SD-WAN products
- Experience in developing technical solutions both independently and in a team solving environment.
- Experience supporting global and local datacenter infrastructure, industrial sites and office network topologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Positive attitude with the ability to effectively work independently and within a team environment; works with other technical resources throughout the organization to solve complex network-related problems.
- Coordination of work supplied to ENEL by Temps/Contractors.
- Practical experience and working understanding of project management methodologies, OSI model, ITIL Service Operation concepts.
- Work experience supporting the 24/7 ENEL Service Desk and ICS Service Desk, which is including participation in On-Call shift schedule with the team.
- Interest in Clean Technology.
What Enel Offers You:
- BS or BA degree in Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent education, training or work experience is required.
- 6-8 years of Network Engineering working experience with a similar role in complex enterprise networking environments.
•A rapidly growing yet well-established business, •Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., •Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., •One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., •Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., •Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
- Amazon Web Services
- Border Gateway Protocol
- Capacity Planning
- Catalyst (Software)