Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
The Branch Manager oversees all Branch operations and leads a team in execution of sales and service goals. The position is responsible for planning and directing all branch functions ensuring compliance, operational and customer service excellence. The Branch Manager leads a team which may include Tellers, Personal Bankers, Assistant Managers and Team Leaders and is responsible for assessing skillsets, assigning resources and serving as a coach to drive team and individual performance. The position is responsible for attainment of Branch objectives and goals and demonstrates the Ameris Vision, Purpose, Expectations and Values.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Strictly adheres to Bank Secrecy Act requirements and applies organizational policies and procedures in all activities.
- Implements strategy, assesses and monitors performance, motivates and manages a team to meet and exceed service and sales goals as outlined by Bank leadership.
- Recruits, trains, coaches, leads, schedules, motivates and evaluates the work of a team which may include Tellers, Personal Bankers, Assistant Managers and Team Leaders.
- Responsible for optimizing use of resources to meet operational needs of the Branch.
- Implements “Proactive Branch Management” process.
- Demonstrates effective sales strategies to attract, expand and retain customer relationships and guides Personal Bankers to achieve sales objectives through action planning.
- Oversees the customer experience within the Branch assessing customer and employee feedback, identifying opportunities for improvement, researching and resolving complex problems to ensure customer service excellence.
- Manages Branch safety, security and compliance, protects against criminal or fraudulent activity, risk or exposure and performs regular audits of vault and teller cash maintaining signed records.
- Represents the Bank in business development efforts and at networking and community functions.
- Ensures regular communication with Bank leadership.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products, programs, services and promotions.
- Leads training and staff meetings.
- Approves policy exceptions within authorized limits.
- Responsible for achievement of Branch objectives, service and sales goals as set by Bank leadership.
- May perform all service and sales functions of the Branch as needed.
- Practices ethical sales behaviors in accordance with Ameris’s core values of Integrity and Honesty; always acts in the best interest of the customer when offering additional products and services.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Able to be flexible and supportive reacting swiftly to change and adjusting priorities. Able to positively and proactively lead change management initiatives.
- Demonstrates leadership skillset with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships, coach, mentor and retain a high performing team.
- Ability to meet and exceed established targets
- Able to effectively and persuasively express self, using language and grammar in a professional manner.
- Able to plan, schedule and organize a professional schedule to achieve strategic goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Able to research, analyze, identify viable options, draw sound conclusions, present findings and make thoughtful recommendations considering overall risk and short-term and long-term impact.
- Able to provide a high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Computer proficiency.
- Knowledge of banking policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales and service goals.
- Ability to analyze local market, identify prospects, develop and execute sales techniques and strategies.
Industry and Work Experience:
- 4 or more years of retail banking experience.
- Supervisory or leadership experience.
- Successful sales management and business development experience.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Time Management
- Financial Analysis
- Decision Making