To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Financial Analyst III
CoStar Group • Washington, DC
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CoStar, a publically traded company, is currently seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to join their Financial Planning and Analysis Group (FP&A). The Financial Analyst will perform financial analysis, develop management reporting and conduct variance analysis. The Financial Analyst will play a significant role in managing the company’s budgeting and forecasting processes. Additionally, the role will include providing support for Investor Relations as well as mergers and acquisitions.
- Work closely with other Finance staff as well as non-financial professionals around the company to develop budgets and forecasts and to maintain those forecasts in the budgeting system.
- Concentrated focus on expense tracking, budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, and modeling.
- Assist with the design and creation of PowerPoint presentations for internal and external presentations.
- Investor Relations support may include the review sell-side analysts’ models for compare/contrast with company’s internal business model and/or compile competitor and analyst research for distribution to business leaders.
- The ideal candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills with a track record of working successfully with both financial and non-finance professionals.
- An analytical business background, problem-solving skills, strategic thinking and high attention to detail.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and financial modeling skills.
- Experience using financial and budgeting applications is also required; experience with Oracle EPBCS/Hyperion software and/or SmartView add-in is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment is a must.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- 4+ years of related professional work experience demonstrating professional growth and a trend of increasing responsibility.
- Familiarity with financial reporting and/or business intelligence tools is a plus.
- A strong working knowledge of accounting is also a plus.
- An MBA is preferred but not required.
So why work for CoStar?
Our culture of innovation and excellence attracts and encourages the best and brightest in a broad range of disciplines, which makes CoStar a fun and supportive place to work. CoStar’s benefits plan ranked among the top 10% of employers nationwide. Besides generous pay and performance-based incentives, the company also provides a 401(k) with company match. We support our employees’ professional and academic growth with internal training and tuition reimbursement.
With a state of the art in-house gym and healthy snacks in every kitchen, we were recently recognized by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence with their Seal of Workplace Excellence and their Health & Wellness Trailblazers award. Our 10-point commuter assistance program, which resulted in traveling 4.8 million fewer vehicle miles and saving 242,000 gallons of gasoline per year, also recently won the Commuter Connections Incentive Award!
At CoStar we believe in working hard and playing hard. While we take our work seriously, we make plenty of time for fun. Join the team and check out our fleet of loaner bicycles and Segways to take a break. Give back to the community and participate in the CoStar Builds service program. Restore and rejuvenate with onsite yoga classes or in our state of the art gym.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing