To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chantilly, VA 20151
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Chantilly, VA
Posted 1 month ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Chantilly, VA/Reston, VA that has an opportunity for a dynamic entry-level Staff Accountant. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with month-end closing, including preparing and entering journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts
- Assist in the development of the internal monthly financial statements and year-end audit financial statements
- Collect appropriate data, prepare and file sales and use tax returns
- Work with staff in various office locations to reconcile monthly petty cash accounts
- Maintain schedules and files for such items as leases, vehicles, other fixed assets and prepaid items
- Act as occasional back-up for the Cash Receipts Specialist and A/P Coordinator as needed
- Assist Controller with special projects to facilitate the effective functioning of the Finance Department
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required
- CPA candidate preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with the monthly closing cycle, accounting principles, and financial reporting highly desired
- General understanding of integrated computer applications and/or ERP systems/software such as, Microsoft Office Suite applications, Deltek Vision, or other enterprise software, etc.
- Must possess strong analytical and technical skills and the ability to prepare account analysis, perform account reconciliations and prepare reports on a monthly and ad hoc basis
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience with Payroll, Cash Applications, or Accounts Payable processes a plus