Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Coding responsibilities as well as advising and serving as billing lead to review of RAI, WIP, CXR and billing registration support
* Serves are primary practice representative between the physician practice and medical billing and Patient collections
* Provides training to administrative staff regarding new regulations/insurance industry changes
* Act as resource to billing staff and physicians
* Completes charge submission reconciliation
* Responsible for all billing corrections and fee negotiations
* Maintains knowledge of the operational details of all key positions in the business office these include insurance claim processing, payment posting, insurance claim follows up, and patient collections
* Meets with Manager monthly to analyze accounts receivable reports, days in receivable, and collection statistics by payor; prepares or presents data to physicians when asked
* Meets with Manger regarding reimbursement and patient Collections monthly to discuss key issues, overall accounts receivable performance, and opportunities for improvement
* Performs quarterly billing audits to ensure timely and accurate processing of charge and payment posting within the practice site
* Initiates modifications of all procedural paperwork related to accounts receivable encounter forms, billing screens, etc.
* Accuracy, detail orientation, ability to multi-task and adhere to tight deadlines
* Display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills,
* Ability to prioritize and multitask and be a strong communicator, including paper, electronically, and by phone.
* Working knowledge of electronic billing, EPIC EMR system
* Organizational skills are a key component to success in this position
* Expertise in Microsoft Excel, proficiency in other Microsoft Office programs
* Attends reimbursement and carrier seminars
* Actively participates on the Compliance Team, or prepares information for the Compliance Officer
* Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice
* Attends all meetings as requested
* Performs any additional duties as requested by the Operations & Revenue Cycle Manager
* Associates or Bachelors degree in healthcare administration or related field preferred but not required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 2-5 years of experience in a Health organization with a focus on insurances, billing services
* Proficiency in CPT and ICD-10 coding
* Must understand Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial Carriers coding and billing requirements
* Knowledge of federal, state and third party payer documentation requirements
* Hours are subject to change as business needs require. Evening pay shift differential available for any regularly scheduled hours, Monday Friday, after 5:00pm. Weekend pay shift differential available.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
RWJBarnabas Health is committed to our communities and the members we serve. RWJBH understands that in order to create strong, healthy, and sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer and transform current systems. Providing educational support and resources contributes to our overall social impact mission and community investment efforts.
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
* Medical/Dental/Vision plans
* 401 (k)
* Short & Long Term Disability
* Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Accounts Receivable
- Attention To Detail
- Business Requirements