Great employees are essential to maintaining the confidence our customers place in us. FGB believes that our employees are our greatest asset as demonstrated in their professionalism and dedication. We encourage open communication and strive to cultivate an environment in which our employees will contribute new ideas and innovations that will help us excel. As we grow, we want YOU to join our team to help fulfill our mission of serving the banking needs in our local communities.
Our full-time employees are eligible for amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, and basic life/AD&D insurance, prescription drug benefits, long term disability, and salary continuance (short-term disability). In addition, they get paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, a tuition reimbursement program, 401k, section 125 cafeteria plan, and the opportunity to earn FGB stock grants. Apply today to enjoy these benefits and more!
Manages the external reporting for First Guaranty Bank and First Guaranty Bancshares, Inc. External reporting includes bank call reports, holding company call reports, Federal Reserve filings, FDIC or State OFI reports, NASDAQ filings, and SEC filings. This position reports to the Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage the quarterly filing of bank call reports required by the FDIC. Work with bank controller to coordinate the flow of information from the general ledger into the call report software. Attend continuing education for the call report and stay up to date on any regulatory changes to the report.
* Manage annual filings required by the FDIC such as the FDICIA filing, the Summary of Deposits filing. Manage the annual filing required by the OFI for Director Examination Report.
* Manage the quarterly filing of Federal Reserve call reports for the holding company and the consolidated company. The reports include the FRY9LP, FRY9C and the FRY9SP. Manage Federal Reserve filings such as the FRY-6, FRY-8, and any branch related filings such as the FRY-10.
* Manage SEC filings on a quarterly, annual, and monthly basis. SEC filings include the 10Q, 10K, 8-K events, Proxy Statement, 8-K Shareholder vote, Form 4 stock purchases, Quarterly Earnings Press Release, Quarterly Pamphlet, Transfer Agent TA-2 and any other required filings. Attend training on SEC updates and stay up to date on all changes to GAAP. Manage required XBRL tagging for SEC reports. Oversee the NASDAQ Dividend Declaration filing on a quarterly basis.
* Manage the Annual Report publication. Facilitate shareholder relations communication such as timely posting of financial reports on FGB website. Coordinate with Transfer Agent the proper submission of shareholder materials for shareholders registered by the DTC.
* Coordinate with First Guaranty Audit Department the review of all reporting documentation in order to satisfy Sarbanes Oxley requirements for external reports such as SEC filings and call reports.
* Coordinate with First Guaranty External auditors for all SEC reporting and the annual audit of First Guaranty Bank. Work to ensure timely communication of all support documentation needed to external auditors.
* Coordinate with First Guaranty Finance and Audit Departments for all documentation requests relating to external exams such as FDIC and OFI.
* Manage all external reporting for Federal Reserve survey requests.
* Coordinate with the office of the Chief Executive Officer for other required regulatory reports.
* Manage external reporting staff. Develop a mentorship program and assist in cross training department personnel. Oversees the functionality of the department and implements procedures. Also participates in staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations of the external reporting department.
* Adhere to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
* Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
* Strong Knowledge of bank accounting and GAAP
* CPA license preferred
* Experience with bank regulatory filings such as Call Reports ( 2 years )
* Experience with SEC filings such as 10K's and 10Q's. ( 2 years )
* Banking Experience ( 2 years )
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
- Banking Services
- Coaching And Mentoring