Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision, they've made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves. If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all, for a better us.
How this role contributes to the Y's mission:
As a Y Personal Trainer, you'll be an important part of amission-driven, charitable organization that helps children, adults, families, and communities achieve more in all aspects of life. You will engage with members, guests, and program participants by providing high quality, appropriately challenging, and fun exercise routines to meet the needs of the individual, partner and group training. You will also be responsible for promoting personal training with Y members. As a Y Personal Trainer, you'll contribute to the Y and to the broader community we serve by creating experiences that help people feel a greater sense of health and well-being, purpose, acceptance and belonging.
This work is right for you if you have:
* A love of fitness and people
* A desire to help & encourage others to have fun with fitness
* Prior fitness or personal training experience
* A nationally recognized accredited personal training certification (ACE, NASM, ISSA, NCSF preferred)
* The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children, parents/guardians, members, and other Y associates
* The ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
Associates of the Y in Central Maryland are required to be fully vaccinated for the COVID virus or have a valid medical or religious accommodation.
The Y in Central Maryland provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Moreover, the Y is firmly committed to celebrating and achieving diversity and inclusion in all we do. We strive to be an anti-racist organization and expect all associates to treat others with respect, kindness and dignity, at all times. Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us.
* Job Family Fitness/Wellness
* Pay Type Hourly
- National Academy Of Sports Medicine (Nasm)
- Personal Trainer