Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb Global Casualty (CGC) Domestic is looking for an applicant to fill the position of Team Leader, Underwriting in our Pacific South Branch. Chubb Global Casualty is the largest operating division in Chubb Major Accounts; our focus is Fortune 1,000 companies with risk taking appetites. We offer customized & complex primary loss sensitive programs tailored to our client’s business needs and operations. The core lines of business include: Workers Compensation, General Liability and Auto Liability.
The Assistant Vice President, Team Underwriting Manager will:
- Manage an Underwriting Team of individuals
- Execute a business plan/strategy to achieve financial results in the areas of profit, growth and expense
- Proactively manage and monitor key performance indicators to achieve desired results
- Support the referral process for underwriting team. Provide guidance to Underwriters for risks falling outside of authority to senior leadership as appropriate
- Deliver on branch objectives for Loss Sensitive, Guaranteed Cost and Bundled products
- Active liaison with other Chubb Product lines in collaboration with Major Account Segment Leaders, Branch Managers and Regional Operations
- Manage broker and agent relationships
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 6+ years underwriting experience including time spent in the primary casualty loss sensitive space
- Prior Management Experience in National Accounts Casualty Space
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong negotiations skills
- Local broker and insurance marketplace relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of current insurance marketplace conditions
- Understanding and adherence to organizational and regulatory rules, and ability to adhere to underwriting authority
- Understanding of Workers Compensation, General Liability, and Auto Liability Insurance coverage, terms and conditions – included but not limited to ISO AL & GL and NCCI Workers Compensation coverage forms and endorsements.
- Understanding of large deductible programs and the credit and collateral implications of such programs
- Ability to identify risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk based on exposure and hazard analysis. Ability to analyze claims and loss trends
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
- Business Planning
- Claim Processing
- Microsoft Office