At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customersâ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Weâre looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where youâll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Consumer Credit Risk Model Risk Management team is seeking an experienced professional to play a critical role in enhancing and executing model governance responsibilities.
This is an exciting opportunity to help ensure high quality standards and compliance for model governance of a variety of models and drive enhancement of overall model risk policies and procedures. Model risk management is an area of expanding focus and scrutiny, requiring a vision for future expectations around model risk management and an appetite for a constantly evolving process.Â
The successful candidate will work with modeling groups to define and enhance the performance monitoring reporting related to various types of models ensuring compliance with regulatory rules and internal model policies. This requires a highly organized person that is able to communicate and multi-task effectively and can quickly grasp information communicated in various formats.
Specific duties will include: review of monitoring activities, tracking of progress for a large number of models, facilitating meetings and follow up with stakeholders, creating templates and standards and providing meaningful information for management.
Excellent project management, planning and communication skills are required as this position needs to be highly skilled in anticipating and articulating issues and communicating those issues to different audiences within the organization. Modeling knowledge related to a variety of models such as CCAR, Loss Forecasting or Credit Scoring models will be helpful to be effective in this role.
Â Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of risk experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Good project management skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher â preferably in a quantitative discipline, or business related field
- Experience with consumer products in credit risk cycle management; understanding of model uses in Credit Risk
- Understanding of different model types such as CCAR, Loss Forecasting or Credit Scoring models and uses or prior experience developing models
- Previous experience with Model Risk Management practices including Model Governance and/or Model Validation
- Ability to understand system requirements and provide feedback
- Highly organized and proactive; should be able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment and deal with multiple priorities
- The ability to effectively manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines
- Ability to collaborate with internal partners in credit risk management and other applicable areas
- Excellent communication skills; ability to clearly communicate with business partners, peers and senior management
- Strong conceptual and quantitative problem solving skills; ability to provide credible challenge
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, self-driven and performance-oriented; possess a strong work ethic
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.Street Address
CA-SF-Financial District: Min: $103,300 Mid: $147,600
CA-Concord: Min: $103,300 Mid: $147,600
NC-Charlotte: Min: $86,100 Mid: $123,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $86,100 Mid: $123,000
IA-West Des Moines: Min: $86,100 Mid: $123,000
SD-Sioux Falls: Min: $77,500 Mid: $110,700
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CADisclaimer
CA-Concord: 1655 Grant Street - Concord, CA
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
SD-Sioux Falls: 4811 N 4th Ave - Sioux Falls, SD
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.