Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
Medical Science & Computing is searching for a Clinical Research Nurse to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is full-time with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Coordinate patient schedules, data collection and nursing care.
- Assist physicians with skilled procedures.
- Order protocol mandated tests, labs, and procedures.
- Alert physician of adverse events, abnormal outcomes, or problematic trends.
- Enter protocol data in database management system.
- Follow patients between visits collaborating with community physicians.
- Assist in the creation of case report forms.
- Oversee ongoing protocol operations to ensure study compliance and troubleshoot possible protocol violations/deviations.
- Interface with the Institutional Review Board (IRB), study monitors, data manager and protocol manager and coordinate and ensure proper and timely filing of Adverse Events (i.e. UP's, SAE's, SUSAR's), assist with the writing and submission of amendments, annual reports, and other regulatory documents.
- Coordinate changes to the protocol or consent documents. Essential duties also include checking patient eligibility for clinical trials, obtaining protocol consents.
- Conduct updates for clinical staff on patient care, protocol process and progress, human subject’s protection, and ICH Good Clinical Practices.
- Assist PI in interpreting research data for the protocol team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with current state nursing licensure.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with IND clinical trials.
- Professional knowledge of the principles, theories, techniques, and practices of nursing with immunologic illnesses.
- Experience in a clinical research environment.
- Knowledge of clinical research data collection and clinical data report preparation
- Knowledge of ICH¬ GCPs.
- Prior experience in adult and pediatric clinical trials management preferred.
- Must be CPR certified or certifiable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook) and spreadsheet applications.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Product Quality Assurance
Product Quality Control