Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our “Be the Difference” philosophy, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off (Holidays/Vacation)
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?
All team members of the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center, a Benchmark Hospitality property, have the same fundamental job description: to take great pride in providing Howdy Hospitality to all guests while walking the Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. daily. We're all responsible to represent the foundation of the strong moral compass and principles that represent Aggieland. Our jobs are not just to make a difference but to "Be the Difference." This is the first and most important expectation in all job descriptions. We hire only team members of the highest character who will hold themselves to these expectations, and only candidates with this commitment should apply.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
BASIC FUNCTION: Makes quality coffee and beverages, cash handling, stocking items, conversing with guests, communicating low items to manager, understanding the standards of our total beverages and upselling beverages to guests in the lobby
Scheduling: The hospitality industry is 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days of the year. All candidates must be available and are expected to work Game Days, Ring Ceremonies, Graduation, and other high occupancy times due to special events. Punctuality and reliability are essential to respect and trust-building for our team members; these are the critical ingredients in creating memorable experiences for all our guests we serve. Additionally, we strive hard to manage and minimalize overtime, but it should and will be expected when business levels call for it.
Position Status and Scheduling Expectations:
• Full Time- 30 – 40 hours a week depending on the level of business forecasted for the hotel
• Days: Varying Saturday - Friday
• Start times: Typically, 8:30 am (projected 8 hours a day)
We are all Aggies, some academically and some voluntarily, and we are all part of the Aggie network. Our primary job is to Walk the Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. in everything we do.
Positivity - We wake up daily and choose to bring a positive perspective finding the good in all things and creating an environment others want to be part of. Each team member is hired to project genuine and sincere positivity daily.
Respect - We embrace and appreciate others and show consideration for their desires, interests, privacy, physical space, belongings, and different viewpoints, philosophies, physical abilities, beliefs, and personalities. We choose to show respect even when it's not given, not only to our guests but, more importantly, to each other.
Integrity - We consistently demonstrate and live by sound moral and ethical principles. Not because someone is watching but because it is the right thing to do. "An Aggie does not lie, cheat or steal, or tolerate those who do.
Dedication - We are unyielding in our commitment to walking our path and dedication to Being the Difference in everything we do. We flex our "proactive muscles" in being more positive, respecting, and holding ourselves to an even higher commitment to integrity.
Excellence - We strive to make today even a little better than yesterday by growing excellence daily.
As a team member of the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center, we require everyone first to Walk the Path of P.R.I.D.E. before every shift to check someone in, create a cocktail, clean a guest room or execute a meeting/event. Only through our commitment to living the Howdy Hospitality lifestyle can we indeed Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
- Create a warm and friendly Howdy Hospitality environment that is inviting and service-oriented
- Prepare daily orders for items to maintain pars.
- Responsible for cash handling and bank drawer procedures.
- Responsible for learning suggestive selling techniques and using them during services.
- Maintain cleanliness of all workplace areas.
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Selling Techniques