To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shreveport, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
In-Home Tech Expert (Shreveport)
Asurion • Shreveport, LA
Posted 17 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
In-Home Tech Expert
The In-Home Tech Expert position is a technical support and customer service role within the In-Home tech team based remotely in markets throughout the U.S. The In-Home Tech Expert will handle in-home delivery and support for customers that need to set up new devices. They will also perform basic troubleshooting, including, but not limited to, app and email account set up, device activation, device set up, and factory data reset.
In this role, the expert will be responsible for providing a distinctive customer service experience. This support will encompass mobile hand-held devices, tablets, computers and other consumer electronics.Essential Functions
- Provide In-Home resolution for set up and technical issues regarding customers’ smart phones, tablets and/or other consumer electronics.
- Provide customers with logical trouble shooting to resolve operational issues on devices, other equipment, and connectivity while providing education and device optimization suggestions for mobile devices, tablets and/or other consumer electronics.
- Engage with customers face-to-face at the customers’ location (typically home, but occasionally their workplace, coffee shop, etc.).
- Learn details of Smart Home Support and gain an understanding of each customer’s technology in order to upsell protection/tech support solutions based on their needs.
- Meet or exceed key performance indicator metrics for performance measurements and sales goals; receive feedback/coaching from the management team including leadership, Trainers, Quality Analysts, etc.
- Must be fluent in English and able to communicate with customers, coworkers, and leaders verbally and in writing.
- Travel daily to and from the Forward Stocking Location and several customers’ homes throughout a designated region.
- Drive own vehicle safely and responsibly to and from customer locations in a variety of situations including heavy traffic and inclement weather.
- Offer customers a value-added experience with premier customer service through relationship and rapport building and swift identification and resolution of technical issues all while demonstrating empathy and assurance for the customer throughout the In-Home session.
- Ability to utilize tools and resources to solve technical problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to proactively adapt communication to the customers’ technical skill level.
- Remain professional and respectful at all times.
- Adhere to Asurion’s Code of Conduct, policies and procedures and act in accordance with our Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
The following are required to enable In-Home Customer Experts to perform the essential functions of the job.
Experience& Education: Prior experience in retail sales or customer service is desired, but not required. High school diploma required. Associate degree+ in technology, business or a related field or equivalent relevant work experience is preferred.
Reasoning Ability: Must be able to adapt quickly, research complex technology and connectivity issues and make decisions with limited information all while maintaining engagement with the customer throughout the session. Must be able to apply prior learnings to new situations and adapt or adjust as needed for the specific situation without becoming frustrated when faced with ambiguity or resistance.
Transportation Requirements: Must have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record with at least 1 year of driving experience. Must be able to drive own vehicle to and from the Forward Stocking Location and In-Home appointments up to 100 miles from the Forward Stocking Location. Must be comfortable driving for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time (up to 2 hours). Must be able to interact with a customer’s technology throughout their home—including sitting, standing, bending, reaching, crouching, and navigating stairs. Must be able to interact face-to-face with Customers in their homes for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds. Must be comfortable with exposure to dogs, cats and other pets that may be present in the customers’ homes.
Training: Routine training classes are required and/or offered during the employee lifecycle. Training may consist of classroom and/or computer-based training (CBT).
Schedules: Ability to work afternoon and evening shifts, possible overtime, evenings, weekends, and some holidays as needed.RPJ3