Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art, and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside today.
Assists Pharmacist in filling, compounding, and dispensing physician orders. Performs various technical duties involved with the handling, packaging, and delivery of pharmaceuticals. The Pharmacy Tech II demonstrates proficiency to practice in two (2) or more of five (5) specific pharmacy areas (Oncology/Main, nursery, surgery, home care, narcotics/materials management). Provides patient care services to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
1. Current registration as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of Georgia
2. Experience as a: a. Pharmacy Technician I for a minimum of six (6) months at Northside Hospital with demonstrated proficiency in two of five identified specialty areas OR b. Pharmacy student with an Intern License issued by the State Board of Pharmacy with a minimum of six (6) months pharmacy experience in lieu of certification OR c. Certified Technician hired from outside the Northside System with one year of health system related experience with a demonstrated proficiency in two of five identified specialty areas.
3. Successful completion of a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam recognized by the Georgia State Board of Pharmacy.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with patients, physicians, coworkers, and others as necessary.
5. Knowledge and skill in the operation of personal computers and office equipment.
- Audio Equipments
- Health Care
- Home Care
- Packaging And Processing Duties