Our Bowie, MD
office is searching for Project Manager
with solid experience in leading a team in water or wastewater treatment
and infrastructure design and construction engineering services.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and growth of GHD’s Water/Wastewater business and retain existing clients and acquiring new clients
- Manage projects related to developing master plans, facility plans, sewer system evaluations and assessment
- Direct the technical and production work of project team, administering contractual aspects of the project, and acting as primary contact for client Establish project delivery strategy and develop job plan, QA plan, securing resources, establishing work briefs and budgets
- Promote effective teamwork through mentoring and training
- Prepare and monitor project budgets and schedules for existing projects
- Develop pricing estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects
- Mentor team members and assess work assignments. Provide direction and training as needed to team members
- Manage all communication pertaining to technical and contract project issues and attend client meetings
- Direct preparation of design computations and opinions of probable cost
- Direct preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for project
- Direct CAD for engineering and design documents
- Work with Service Group Managers, Service Line Coordinators, Business
- Invite client feedback as appropriate to verify client needs are being met
Our commitment to you
- B.S. Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Master’s degree a plus
- 10-15 years of experience in planning, design and construction of water and wastewater infrastructure or treatment facilities
- Registered Professional Engineer in MD
- Strong communicator, both orally and in writing.
- Computer skills in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Flexible and able to meet challenging deadlines
- A self-starter with sound judgment and decisiveness
- A team player with a strong client focus
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please attach your resume and cover letter via the link below.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.