To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Daniel Island, SC 29492
- Andrew Howard
- Phone: (404) 459-7373
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Development Engineer - .net
Hunter Technical Resources • Daniel Island, SC
Posted 2 months ago
• Design, code, and test (unit and integration) new features & functionality based stories or specifications
• Perform software maintenance and bug fixes on existing code
• Provide work estimates
Solutions provided are accurate, thorough, and timely
Participate in design efforts at a feature level
Articulate trade-offs of proposed solutions at a feature level, by weighing benefits & risks
Work independently on a feature or sub component of a large project
Work within established methodologies and procedures
Properly and fully document necessary development artifacts (bugs and features)
Keep project stakeholders and downstream recipients of deliverables advised of progress and issues
Ability to recognize risk situations (technical and scheduling) and properly articulate these to management / project management
Proactively work with the project manager/project lead when deadlines are not going to be met
Adhere to coding standards and guidelines
Follow proper code archival and security procedures
Ensure personally-delivered software integrates well with larger team solution
• Occasional interaction with clients and customer staff
• Provide technical support as needed to other groups
• Development of a professional development plan that includes the identification of areas of strength and weakness, commitments and objectives for the next 2 quarters. (This plan should follow a standard professional development plan and should be maintained / monitored by both this employee’s mentor and manager)
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• 2+ years related experience
• Strong knowledge of appropriate programming and scripting languages – Be proficient in .Net, .Net framework 4.5, WCF or related technology, AJAX and JSON, and some type of automated testing
• Experience with batch processing applications, development, deployments, scheduling, etc.
• Additional technologies a plus
• Basic flow-charting in Visio
• Knowledge of object-oriented design and implementation
• Knowledge of software product life cycles, from requirements gathering through integration testing, rollout, and support. Including agile methodology with estimation of story points, etc.
• Knowledge and experience in Agile methodologies
• Experience in carrying out the requirements, design, development, testing, implementation and support phases of an applications software project
• Experience with Windows, as a user and as a development platform
• Experience in design and development of relational database applications
o Database object creation
o Database object alteration (add/remove columns, create indexes…)
o Basic SQL performance tuning
• Awareness of application security issues and vulnerabilities
• Initiate design and code reviews of his or her work before committing to a definite solution
• Understand proper configuration management approaches and how they affect bug fixes to production applications in contrast to longer term development and new features
• Experience working with multi-tiered application design and development, including web-based solutions
• Demonstrate ability to perform requirements analysis and craft appropriate software solutions
• Demonstrate proficiency with debugging techniques & tools
• Demonstrate ability to work within a multi-functional development team and help the team achieve its goals
• Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement
• Demonstrate appropriate problem-solving abilities
• Demonstrate understanding of internal and external customers and consider impact on them when making decisions or development trade-offs
•Demonstrate clear, concise, and effective communication (both orally and written), that is audience-appropriate