To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Medford, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hotel Front Desk Manager
Neuman Hotel Group • Medford, OR
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Front Desk Manager
Neuman Hotel Group is currently seeking an experienced Front Desk Manager to join our team in Medford, OR.
Who We Are:
At Neuman Hotel Group, our team is dedicated to creating cherished memories by providing personalized service and genuine hospitality!
Neuman Hotel Group (which includes Inn at the Commons) is a family owned company headquartered in Ashland, Oregon with over 300 employees. Neuman Hotel Group manages properties both in Ashland and Medford including: Ashland Springs Hotel, Ashland Hills Hotel and Suites, Inn at the Commons, Lithia Springs Resort, Larks Restaurants (located inside the Ashland Springs Hotel in Ashland and inside the Inn at the Commons in Medford) and the Waterstone Spa.
Summary of Position: As Front Desk Manager, the primary responsibility will be to directly manage all front desk operations, including but not limited to: ensuring proper completion of all duties of the front desk staff, directing and coordinating the reservations and guest services activities and preparing ongoing reports and budget for the front desk department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the selection, training and retention of front desk employees.
- Create schedules of the front desk staff and supervises workload during shifts.
- Evaluate the job performance of each front desk employee, ensuring all policies, procedures and best-practices are being followed with the highest efficiency, level of service and guest satisfaction.
- Verify that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolve guest issues, complaints and requests in a timely and pro-active manner that is satisfactory to both guests and the hotel.
- Update group information by maintaining, monitoring and preparing group requirements and relays information to the appropriate personnel.
- Check cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforce all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit card policies.
- Hold regular staff meetings to keep staff up to date on all aspects of latest information being shared throughout the organization.
- Establish standards for employee accountability and process for feedback, coaching and mentoring for staff and contact Human Resources as needed for support.
- Wear the proper uniform at all times and requires all front desk employees to wear proper uniform at all times.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily, maintaining close observation of daily house count and the average daily rate.
- Coordinate with the Housekeeping, Sales, Accounting and Maintenance departments on regarding daily operations and guest room status.
- Operate all aspects of front desk computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly and courteous to all guests, colleagues and members of our community.
- Monitor all VIP and special guest requests.
- Review daily activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Daily review guest feedback and logbooks and respond efficiently and appropriately.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Handle guest issues
- Make reservations from the internet and by phone and keep records of assignments and other registration-related information on the computer using the property management system.
- Answer guest questions about services, checkout times, the local community or other matters of public interest.
- Provide luggage service when needed.
- Perform concierge duties when a guest has questions about area attractions.
- Willing to perform other job-related tasks that may not be included in this job description.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Front Desk Agent and at least 1-2 years in a Front Desk Supervisor/Manager role (preferably with Neuman Hotel Group).
- Two-year degree preferred (ideally with a focus in hospitality).
- Must be highly motivated, solution-oriented, with strong initiative and desire for achievement.
- Must have a passion for genuine hospitality and a sincere desire to create cherished memories for our guests.
- Exceptional customer service skills required with an ability to handle oneself under pressure.
- Be proficient with property management systems (specifically Epitome) to be able to check in, check out, make reservations, run daily reports and plan room assignments.
- Excellent computer skills and strong understanding of accounting procedures are a must.
- Exceptional communication and presentational skills are required.
- Familiarity with yields management and cost controls.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays depending upon occupancy and time of year.
- Must be a leader, a driver and bottom-line oriented.
- A professional appearance and good personal hygiene must be maintained at all times.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills and be able to work independently and also as a member of a team.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time (up to 5-8 hours)
- Knowledge of Southern Oregon and surrounding areas is preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Please submit your resume via the “APPLY NOW” button
Equal Opportunity Employer