Critical member of high-performing property management team with administrative and financial reporting/accounting responsibilities requiring computer proficiency and superior general business skills.
Administrative Responsibilities & Tenant Relations
- Greets all incoming guests in a friendly, professional manner and provides excellent customer service to resolve issues or forward the information to the General Manager.
- Serves as liaison between management team and tenants.
- Answers telephones in a prompt manner (three rings or less), using established JLL language.
- Provides general administrative support and prepares correspondence.
- Monitor all tenant service requests via the work order system.
- Manages the filing systems for the Management Office, including Lease files, Contract files, General files and the electronic shared drive, per JLL standards.
- Files documents accurately within one business day of receipt.
- Collects, verifies and files vendor, tenant and owner certificates of insurance; including tracking expiration dates, verifying coverage amounts, appropriate additional insureds, etc.
- Updates tenant distribution lists and emergency distribution lists on the shared drive and in the file folders.
- Relays instructions to appropriate maintenance personnel and tracks follow-up action on tenant services requests.
- Prepares weekly staff meeting materials including outstanding open work order report, aging, PO tracker, contract tracker and open issues report.
- Orders all office supplies for the Management office, security, engineering, and housekeeping.
- Maintains tenant contact list.
- Keeps tenants informed of building events and activities via email and other forms of communication.
- Updates Tenant Handbook and Fire Life Safety Handbook for tenants as necessary.
- Maintains building website and updates content as necessary.
- Responsible for bi-weekly engineer time entry in PeopleSoft.
- Provide administrative support to Managers and Engineering team as required.
- Update space utilization book and stacking plan as new and renewal leases are signed.
- Lead (and pass!) annual Jones Lang LaSalle administrative audit for property.
- Provide Notary service.
- Manage office equipment as required.
- Coordinate contracting including drafting all contract documents in a timely and accurate manner and manage contract documentation process.
- Assist with other building or administrative projects/tasks, as requested.
Financial Reporting/Accounting Responsibilities
- Process all accounts-payable invoices.
- Compares invoice to contract, verifies service was performed satisfactory and codes invoice accordingly.
- Prepares and reviews invoice checklist to ensure timely payment of recurring invoices.
- Matches and sends out checks to vendors once received in office, no later than one business day after receipt.
- Files A/P invoices accurately and in a timely manner.
- Processes all stop-payment, voided and emergency checks as necessary.
- Responsible for setup of new vendors in Delphi Address Book.
- Assists with other A/P projects as requested by CAS.
- Prepares weekly funding requests.
- Prepares all Manual Tenant Adjustments and Accruals by the 15th of the month for GM review.
- Prepares, compiles and distributes the monthly tenant rent statement packages by the 20th of the month.
- Files copies of tenant rent statements in lease files accurately and in a timely manner, no later than two business days after delivery.
- Monitors receivables ledger to ensure timely receipt and correct application of rent and misc. income.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly GL report for reclasses.
- Prepare the sections of the monthly and quarterly owner reports as directed by the General Manager.
- Prepares expense reports for payment.
- Tracks monthly Management office spending on office and janitorial supplies.
- Assists with preparation of annual budget.
- Assists with annual escalation and expense reconciliation.
- Perform monthly review of recurring billing and preparation of manual adjustments.
- Responsible for work order system tenant billings.
- Process capital related transactions, billing and tracking.
- Enter approved payroll for non-exempt employees at the property and maintain documentation.
- Prepare lease abstracts and lead lease administration process
- Bids out, produces and manages contracts.
- Manages and oversees contractors to include coordinating and scheduling building services such as window washing, landscaping, metal maintenance, elevator maintenance, pest control, etc.
- Works closely with engineering staff to determine which contracts need to be renewed and prepared and which upcoming services need to be scheduled.
- Works closely with engineering staff and security staff on scheduling of dock and freight elevator usage.
- Assists staff in coordination of building events and holiday decorations.
- Assists staff in maintaining security access system, including issuing of new badges and replacement badges as needed.
- Maintains Symmetry Guest check-in system.
- Work closely with cleaning supervisor on relaying tenant requests or building cleaning requests and the ordering of janitorial supplies.
- Participates and assists in coordination tabletop exercises, fire drills and other emergency preparedness training and exercises.
- Scheduling and leading monthly housekeeping inspections with janitorial contractor.
- 3 - 5 years prior general, administrative, or financial business experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior property management, general real estate, and/or accounting experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, customer service and team oriented, self-motivated, and mature.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, high degree of innovation, independence and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office particularly Word and Excel, the Yardi accounting system (or comparable system)
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.